We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Allocating Two Weeks in Andalusia

North Caroiina
Level Contributor
1,001 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Allocating Two Weeks in Andalusia

We are interested in spending some time in Portugal/Spain and are looking for ideas as to how to allocate 14 days in Andalusia (which will be sandwiched between Lisbon/Sintra and Barcelona).

We tend to like to stay in cities and like to be submerged in art, history, architechture, etc. In the case of Andalusia, we are particularly interested in Moorish influence. We visited Granada several years ago and really loved that.

So, I get the impression we might like Seville, Cordoba. Other thoughts??

Torrox, Spain
Level Contributor
3,822 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Allocating Two Weeks in Andalusia

Don´t miss Malaga - fascinating Old City with wonderful architecture, culture +++ (concerts, museums etc.), great food and a seafront location..

Edited: 21 July 2011, 19:22
Ottawa
Level Contributor
49 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Allocating Two Weeks in Andalusia

I highly recommend Ronda - we were there in early June and loved it. The views are breathtaking, especially from the area around Puente Nuovo. Also, just the drive up from the south is worth it for the scenery.

I also recommend visiting a few of the white villages, like Competa and Mijas.

Hermosa Beach...
Level Contributor
2,665 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Allocating Two Weeks in Andalusia

With 14 days dedicated to Andalucia I wouldn't miss:

1) Sevilla - at least 4-5 days

2) Cordoba - spend a couple of days; you have the time and most people gloss over as a daytrip from Sevilla (which is still worth it if you don't have the time)

3) Granada - go back and enjoy for a couple of days

4) white villages - spend 2-3 days in one base village, rent a car for this portion of the trip and explore

Closely following these I'd also consider these places (you should have time for at least a couple depending on how you allot your time):

-Malaga

-Cadiz (can also be done as daytrip from Sevilla)

-Sherry triangle villages (Jerez, Sanlucar, El Puerto) - (can also be done as daytrip from Sevilla)

-Antequera (can also be done as daytrip from Malaga)

-Ubeda

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
61,673 posts
3,656 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Allocating Two Weeks in Andalusia

Frank:

Malaga has just opened the Carmen Thyssen Museum, which has the Andalusian Collection, one of the largest collections of Andalusian art in Spain. Check the top questions in the Malaga forum. We have many other museums that might interest you.

ati
cordoba, spain
Level Contributor
3,154 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Allocating Two Weeks in Andalusia

Please, have a look at our conversation and join it, if you want...

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187430-i733-k4663…

North Caroiina
Level Contributor
1,001 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Allocating Two Weeks in Andalusia

Lots to think about.

As usual, these discussions give me lots of reason to want to expand the itinerary.

Thanks for your excellent ideas.

Northampton, MA
Level Contributor
3,973 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Allocating Two Weeks in Andalusia

Cathy has given great advice. All the places I would go if I were planning this trip.

8. Re: Allocating Two Weeks in Andalusia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2012, 22:15