We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help With Andalusia Trip, Please!

Mainer
Level Contributor
100 posts
112 reviews
Save Topic
Help With Andalusia Trip, Please!

We are planning a trip next March/April to Seville. Total trip will be 10 - 14 days. We plan to stay in Seville for about 5 nights, then we're thinking of doing a loop over to Cordoba, down to Malaga and Gibraltar, and back up to Seville. Is this too ambitious? Any thoughts on absolute "must sees" and places to stay would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
55,011 posts
3,463 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help With Andalusia Trip, Please!

Mainers:

Three nights in Seville will be enough.

You should see the Alhambra in Granada. Stay two nights in Granada. Read Buying Alhambra Tickets Online.

Also stay two nights in Cordoba.

Do not miss our white towns of Malaga, which are Ronda, Mijas, and Nerja.

Malaga is a wonderful city where I live. Read the top questions in the Malaga forum.

London
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Help With Andalusia Trip, Please!

I don't think gibraltar is worth the effort, horrible traffic, horrible roads, expensive and not really compensated by the view at the top and the friendly monkeys

London
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Help With Andalusia Trip, Please!

I don't think gibraltar is worth the effort, horrible traffic, horrible roads, expensive and not really compensated by the view at the top and the friendly monkeys

dallas, Tx
Level Contributor
308 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Help With Andalusia Trip, Please!

The first week of April/2012 will be "Semana Santa" (Holy Week), and Good Friday will be April 6th.

Sevilla will be very crowded all week and the accommodation will be much more expensive.The same applies to the other cities.

Just for you to know.

TxN

Northampton, MA
Level Contributor
3,650 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help With Andalusia Trip, Please!

Benny's advice is right on, I would go to Cadiz instead of Nerja though. Hotels go up during Semana Santa but it's an incredible site to see. Granada is a must. Gibraltar is a bust unless you have to see those monkeys.

Mainer
Level Contributor
100 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help With Andalusia Trip, Please!

Thank you so much for the advise so far -- more ideas are welcome! We may change dates and go in March, and stay just a few days into Holy Week in April. Would like to avoid crowds, and paying a premium. Also, thanks for advise about Gibraltar, we'll nix that. Consensus seems to be that Seville, Cordoba, Granada, Malaga would be the loop to make.

cape cod, mass
Level Contributor
75 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help With Andalusia Trip, Please!

My husband and I were in Seville for Holy Week. If you do not like crowds, try to schedule your time there so as to avoid the last two or three days of the holiday. We used to live in New York: Times Square on New Year's Eve is a pastoral event compared with the suffocating crowds who jam the streets of Seville at night and make it almost impossible to walk. It was indeed an experience - but we would never do it again. And, if you go, be sure to leave all your valuables in the room.

Mainer
Level Contributor
100 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help With Andalusia Trip, Please!

Thanks, we're thinking of moving trip back to March to avoid crowds!

uk
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Help With Andalusia Trip, Please!

Hi there, we live in Cordoba very close to a town called Montoro, which is famous for its Semana Santa celebrations. People travel from all over Spain to see it. It is not as big as Malaga and Seville obviously as it is only a small town, but it is awe inspiring.

Cordoba is a fantastic city, we love spending time there, many of our guests say this area is their favourite, and some even prefer Cordoba over Seville.

10. Re: Help With Andalusia Trip, Please!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2012, 09:22