We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

car rental on Nov 1

sgl
Palo Alto...
Level Contributor
278 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
car rental on Nov 1

I know Nov 1 is a holiday. We we be in Seville. I just started looking at car rentals for a week. Does anyone know if I'll be able to rent a car from the train station or a downtown location? I prefer not going out to the airport to pick up a car.

Thanks, Susan

Edited: 14 April 2012, 22:50
sgl
Palo Alto...
Level Contributor
278 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: car rental on Nov 1

A little more information - we will be 2 couples traveling with luggage. Many of the standard and intermediate cars seem to have very limited trunk space. Any recommendations?

Montejaque, Spain
Level Contributor
1,324 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: car rental on Nov 1

Car rentals are usually cheaper if booked in advance. Are you collecting the car when you arrive? I ask because there is no way that you would need, or even want to drive, the car in Seville.

sgl
Palo Alto...
Level Contributor
278 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: car rental on Nov 1

We are looking to rent a car when we leave Seville to drive for about 6-7 days and return the car when we get to Granada. We plan on leaving seville on Nov 1 - heading to Jerez and Cadiz.

Montejaque, Spain
Level Contributor
1,324 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: car rental on Nov 1

Aaaah, that´s good. There is one advantage of collecting the car at Sevilla airport and that is that you do not have to navigate your way out of Sevilla. But that is not an insurmountable obstacle if the car rental office is located somewhere convenient for driving out of the city.

A mistake that many first-time visitors to Spain make is trying to visit too many places in too short a time, meaning that they spend too much time in the car and not enough time at each destination.

Driving from destination to destination is usually quite easy. Finding somewhere to park and then start sightseeing often takes a lot longer than people think.

When you have decided on a company you want to rent from, post a link on here. I am sure that people will be able to advise on which category of car you will need.

Enjoy your visit.

Edited: 15 April 2012, 09:01
Torrox, Spain
Level Contributor
3,822 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: car rental on Nov 1

Generally only the big international companies allow you to collect a car in one city and drop it off in another - Herzt etc. So expect to pay more than if booking with a local company.

6. Re: car rental on Nov 1

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 17:41