We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 Weeks in Andalucia ??

Santa Rosa Beach...
Destination Expert
for Negril
Level Contributor
3,529 posts
225 reviews
Save Topic
2 Weeks in Andalucia ??

We land in Malaga and spend 3 nights to get over jet lag from US flight before catching train to next destination, we will make our way to Lisbon and ly to Paris from there. Cordoba, Seville and Granada, of these 3 what would be best choice for 3/4 night stay, we are leaning towards Seville??

Special Offer
Granada Day Trip from Seville with...
596 reviews
from US$145.50*
US$181.90
Alhambra, Generalife Gardens...
1,493 reviews
from US$74.50*
Morocco Day Trip from Malaga to...
371 reviews
from US$108.60*
Priority Access to Alhambra and...
143 reviews
from US$49.00*
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
31,620 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 Weeks in Andalucia ??

Taking the train from Malaga to Seville, you can do a day trip by train to Cordoba. Outside Cordoba train station take the local bus to the old town and the Mesquita. Trains: www.renfe.es

www.andalucia.com

*Train From Seville to Lisbon via Madrid www.renfe.es

*Bus Seville to Lisbon www.alsa.es

*Bus Seville to Faro www.algarvebus.info/001.htm

Train Faro to Lisbon www.cp.pt

Flights Seville to Lisbon www.flytap.com

Flights Lisbon to Paris www.flytap.com www.easyjet.com

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
63,592 posts
3,726 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 Weeks in Andalucia ??

stormy:

Seville is the city with the most sights. Read the top questions in the Seville forum.

For train travel, read Buying Renfe Tickets Online.

Santa Rosa Beach...
Destination Expert
for Negril
Level Contributor
3,529 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 Weeks in Andalucia ??

so of the cities mentioned Seville and towns around would be a good plan?

Montejaque, Spain
Level Contributor
1,324 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 Weeks in Andalucia ??

stormy49, since you are flying into Málaga, and probably from the USA, I am going to make an assumption. Forgive me if I have got this wrong.

Seville has many charms and I am a great fan of the city. However, I would wait till you get here before deciding, or at least wait till a couple of days before you leave.

Seville and the immediate surrounding area can be ferociously hot in the summer. (Think in terms of 100 - 104F. That is hot in a city.) Not every day, of course, but if there is a hot weather spell you might be better off elsewhere. In that case, Málaga would be my choice.

So, if the forecast temperatures in Seville are in the low 30s Celsius/89 - 94F, go to Seville. If you are deterred by temperatures hotter than that, I suggest you look elsewhere.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
21,544 posts
287 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2 Weeks in Andalucia ??

Not clear what season / month you are travelling as this may make some difference however I think it would be a great idea to see if there are any local 'ferias' during your trip and then try to see if you would like to visit the place?

As far as the choice between Seville, Cordoba and Granada - every time I would chooses Seville because there is much to see and a great variety of places to eat and relax.

If you are travelling during the Spring time then maybe another recommendation but probably still Seville for 3 or 4 days.

Northampton, MA
Level Contributor
4,019 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 2 Weeks in Andalucia ??

Seville is by far the best choice for a 3-4 night stay. Relax, walk around, get lost and stop often for tapas and beer or wine.

7. Re: 2 Weeks in Andalucia ??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 July 2013, 06:16