We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

itinerary question

San Jose, California
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
itinerary question

We have 4 days/ 5 nights in Andalucía. Want to know how to divide up the days among these places below. We have the following cities to cover (if possible)?

Arrive in to Malaga Airport - Monday evening,

visit Malaga, Granada, Ronda, Gibraltor, Sevilla and only if time permits Cordoba.

Any advise would be much appreciated. We will have rental car for all days.

Thanks in adance

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
62,471 posts
3,723 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: itinerary question

ap4travel:

Stay one day in Malaga.

Drive to Seville and stay 2 days.

Drive to Granada and stay 2 days. Read Buying Alhambra Tickets Online.

You do not have enough time to see any other place. Hotels charge 11 euros a day for parking.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
31,364 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: itinerary question

Check the route planner for driving distances www.viamichelin.com

Accommodation www.venere.com

Non EU citizens require an International driving permit for Spain

Edited: 28 January 2013, 05:31
3. Re: itinerary question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 28 January 2013, 07:18
Edited: 28 January 2013, 07:18
Torrox, Spain
Level Contributor
3,824 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: itinerary question

You will not be able to see everywhere on your list - with that itinerary all you will see if Andalucia is its motorways!

Certainly miss out Gibraltar and I would skip Ronda too.

I would have a night in Malaga then go on to Granada and have a night there; don´t forget that you need to book tickets for the Alhambra well in advance - they go on sale 3 months before the date of entry.

Mid-Afternoon then travel on to Seville for your last 2 nights with one day excursion to Cordoba - although it is a shame to leave the city at all as there is so much to see in Seville; the city really warrants all 5 days of your stay!

As Benny has already said, city hotel parking is expensive.

Tickets for the Alhambra are purchased on-line at ticketmaster.es/nav/…

Edited: 28 January 2013, 07:18
Hermosa Beach...
Level Contributor
2,665 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: itinerary question

Is this part of a larger trip? If find some more time to allot to Andalucia. With only 5 nights I'd probably spend 3 in Sevilla and 2 in Granada. It won't be enough time to see anything else, not even a daytrip to Granada. Or spend the entire time in Sevilla and do a daytrip to cordoba. If you wanted to visit all the places on your list you need 2x the amount of time unless you just want to see the highways and tick off sights as you drive by.

Torrox, Spain
Level Contributor
3,824 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: itinerary question

<<With only 5 nights I'd probably spend 3 in Sevilla and 2 in Granada.>>

As the OP doesn´t arrive at Malaga Airport until evening - and flight delays are not unheard of - I think a night in Malaga is the best option at the start of the trip rather than setting off immediately on a 2 hour drive and arriving in a strange city at night.

I would take a taxi into Malaga straight to the hotel and pick up the hire after breakfast the next morning - saves driving through Malaga and the cost of one days car hire/fcar parking.

Edited: 28 January 2013, 08:42
7. Re: itinerary question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 January 2014, 05:17