We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions - stay in Andalucia

Johannesburg, South...
2 posts
Save Topic
Suggestions - stay in Andalucia

My husband and I are spending three weeks in Spain during April. We want to spend around 8 nights in the Andalucia region but not sure where would be a good base. I understand that it is a large area and that we will not be able to see the entire region in this time but definitely want to see Seville and Granada. Possibly Malaga - would this be suggested? we love art and architecture - my husband is a big Picasso fan - so he may want to visit Malaga - would a day trip suffice if we were to stay near Granada? How many days would be a good stay in Granada? Although we love the cultural side and arts we are not huge fans of big cities and thus would also like to stay in a smaller, less touristy area.

Torrox, Spain
Level Contributor
3,793 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestions - stay in Andalucia

Will you have a car or be reliant on public transport?

Johannesburg, South...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggestions - stay in Andalucia

Thanks for the reply, we are thinking that it will be best to rent a car.

Olvera, Spain
Level Contributor
2,873 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggestions - stay in Andalucia

I spend six weeks a year in the Province of Cádiz, two at a very Spanish town which has a beautiful 8 km beach, the town is called Chiclana de la Frontera and the beach area is La Barrosa. The other four weeks I spend in Olvera which is one of the inland pueblos blancos. Take a look at this website which was written by an American friend www.visitOlvera.com Olvera is a typical white town surrounded by olive groves, it is two hours from Sevilla, two hours from Cádiz city and two hours from Málaga. There are also many small towns and villages to visit within an hour including Ronda, Setenil de las Bodegas, Zahara and Ubrique (wonderful leather goods).

I hope this is of help to you.

Saludos. Lindsay

Hermosa Beach...
Level Contributor
2,665 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Suggestions - stay in Andalucia

I'd encourage you to spend at least 4 nights in Sevilla and do a daytrip to Cordoba (another don't miss). Sevilla is a larger city but the city center is compact and many areas have neighborhood feels. I don't think a daytrip to Sevilla does this city justice.

5. Re: Suggestions - stay in Andalucia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 February 2014, 06:15