We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Re: need advice on itinerary and questions

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
121 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Re: need advice on itinerary and questions

Hihi!

Planning my trip and wish to have some feedback on feasibility and some queries I have.

Bf n i r celebrating our anniversary this trip! :)

I am spending 6-7 days in barcelona before flying down to Granada

Will be visiting Alhambra and the city centre, planning on spending 2 days there before travelling to ronda (half day)and then Seville (2 days)(if possible, stopping by Cadiz). From Seville I will take a train to madrid for another 3 days. We r not exactly the museum kind of pple, maybe just visit 1-2 museums. We like to feel culture and see scenarios.

My questions:

1) I shd arrive in Granada city centre ard 12pm. I read on TA tt best time to go to Alhambra will be 830am. Is it not wise to take the 1400 tour? It's indoor right? Any specialty to take the night tour?

2) considering staying inside Alhambra in parador de Granada vs Alhambra palace(right outside the Alhambra ) or just staying in the city centre. What's ur views?

3) from Granada I shd be driving to ronda. Anyone drove long this stretch before? Izzit a nice scenic route?

4) is half day good enough for ronda? Or shd I do justice by giving it 1 day and probably staying over?

5) am thinking of cutting short my barcelona days to give more days to Seville. I won't be doing any day trips from barcelona nor Seville. Do u think 7 days in barcelona is too much?

Looking forward to hear from all of u

:)

Olvera, Spain
Level Contributor
2,762 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Re: need advice on itinerary and questions

Barcelona is a fascinating city but my love is definitely for the Province of Cádiz and Sevilla. Personally I would take three days off of Barcelona and add two to Sevilla and one for a stop over in Ronda, not because I think a night in Ronda is essential to enjoying the town but simply to give you a little rest before you tackle an amazing city. If you decide against a night in Ronda a minimum of four hours is needed there but more if you can make it work. With four nights in Sevilla you could spend three days touring the city with a side trip by train or driving to Cádiz city.

Remember car parking in Sevilla is expensive and all hotels will charge you for parking the car, anything up to 20€ per night.

Saludos. Lindsay

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
55,289 posts
3,494 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Re: need advice on itinerary and questions

nocturn:

1. The 2 pm entry is okay for the Alhambra. The Nazari Palace is both indoor and outdoor. The Alcazaba is outdoor and so are the Generalife Gardens.

2. I have stayed at the Alhambra Palace Hotel and it has spectacular views of the city below. The parador is modern and has no character.

3. The road to Ronda is scenic.

4. I would stay overnight in Ronda because there is a lot to see.

5. 3 days in Seville would be ideal.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
121 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Re: need advice on itinerary and questions

Hihi!

Thanks for the kind advice!

Another question:

After Seville for 3 days, I m planning to hire a car to drive to visit Cadiz n then ronda (stay overnight) n next morning drive to Granada for another 2 days before taking train to madrid (stay 3 days then fly out)

What's ur view on Cadiz for half a day? I m interested in exploring the old streets, maybe see the beach but no sun tanning for me..

Or shd I go ronda then Cadiz? Should I stay over in ronda or go Granada directly after visiting ronda..

Thanks!

Olvera, Spain
Level Contributor
2,762 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Re: need advice on itinerary and questions

Hi

I would go Sevilla to Cadiz and then on to Ronda. Sevilla to Cádiz is under an hour and a half's drive. Cádiz is a beautiful city with its ancient city walls, the port area and two lovely beaches. The plazas and old streets are lovely to wander around.

Cádiz to Ronda should take you a little under two hours. If you take the A-384, you could stop in Arcos de la Frontera for coffee en route. The next stage Ronda to Granada, the most direct route is the A-92 which takes you close to Antequera. I have not been in Antequera yet but it is on my list for this October's trip. An alternative route which would take about 2 hours and 40 minutes would be the A-384 and then onto the A-92. This route takes you within a mile of Olvera my favourite of the pueblos blancos. I spend four weeks a year in Olvera and love to gad about all over the place. Here is a website on Olvera written by an American friend www.visitolvera.com this route would also take you close to Antequera if looking for a stop and a walkabout.

Saludos. Lindsay

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
55,289 posts
3,494 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Re: need advice on itinerary and questions

nocturn:

In Cadiz you can see the beautiful Santa Cueva. Read the top question about this in the Cadiz forum.

6. Re: Re: need advice on itinerary and questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 April 2014, 07:16