We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary help for june

india
Level Contributor
18 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Itinerary help for june

Hi Guys,

We are a couple in the late twenties.

Planning to spend 8 days in mid june in andalucia. Tentatively want to stay 4 nights in Seville and do trips.

Would like recommendation for the balance 4 days on where to stay. Would like to relax near a beach front hotel/resort, close to nice bars, and nightlife. Would like to stay close to where the 'action' is as would not like to travel late night back to hotel after a night out.

Budget is around 200$ per night for accommodation.

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Seville
Seville
Province of Seville, Spain
Hermosa Beach...
Level Contributor
2,665 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary help for june

Have you already purchased airfare? If not you may consider flying from Malaga. I'd definately add 2 days for Granada and then 2 nights at the beach destination. As far as which beach location I'd consider the logistics of you next destination. Malaga is good for transportation connection and Nerja is nearby. Cadiz is however one of my favorite cities.

Mentioned in this post
Malaga
Malaga
Costa del Sol, Spain
Granada
Granada
Province of Granada, Spain
Nerja
Nerja
Costa del Sol, Spain
Cadiz
Cadiz
Costa de la Luz, Spain
Olvera, Spain
Level Contributor
3,053 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinerary help for june

I'm with Cathy on this one. Two days for Granada and two days for Cádiz. A lovely port city with two beautiful beaches and a ferry running across the bay to El Puerto de Santa Maria. Lovely.

Saludos. Lindsay

Mentioned in this post
Granada
Granada
El Puerto de Santa Maria
El Puerto de Santa Maria
Costa de la Luz, Spain
india
Level Contributor
18 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Itinerary help for june

Hi Cathy and Lindsay'

Have my return flight from Barcelona on the afternoon of 18th of June. Was planning to catch the early morning flight from malaga to Barcelona on the same day.

So effectively I have 3 days from 15th to 17th for a beach destination near Malaga.

I was planning to do day a trip from Seville to Granada.

Would really appreciate any further suggestions.

Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Barcelona
Barcelona
Province of Barcelona, Spain
Seville
Seville
Granada
Granada
Olvera, Spain
Level Contributor
3,053 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Itinerary help for june

Being honest, Granada as a daytrip is an exhausting one. I would suggest staying over in Granada the one night and heading from their down to the coast. I am not a great fan of the Costa del Sol although we have had one holiday in Nerja and one in Almuñecar. Of the two I prefer Almuñecar, beach isn't sandy though and it is more of a working town but I prefer it that way. In between there is La Herradura which is quite nice and has a marina or on the hill above Nerja is Frigiliana which is pretty. The more Spanish the better where I am concerned and that is why we holiday in Cádiz.

Saludos. Lindsay

Mentioned in this post
Granada
Granada
Costa del Sol
Costa del Sol
Province of Malaga, Spain
Nerja
Nerja
Costa del Sol, Spain
La Herradura
La Herradura
Almunecar, Spain
Frigiliana
Frigiliana
Province of Malaga, Spain
Hermosa Beach...
Level Contributor
2,665 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Itinerary help for june

If you only have 3 nights after Sevilla then I'd spend 2 in Granada and one in Malaga. Malaga is convenient for your flight home and is also a wonderful city to visit. At 3 hours each way a daytrip to Granda from Sevilla isn't something I would recommend. It's doable - but I wouldn't suggest it. Especially since you're heading in that direction for the flight to Barcelona from Malaga.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Sevilla
Hotel Sevilla
395 Reviews
Seville, Spain
Granada
Granada
Malaga
Malaga
Costa del Sol, Spain
Barcelona
Barcelona
Province of Barcelona, Spain
Jaen
Level Contributor
63 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Itinerary help for june

I agree with Cathy, it really is too much to in a day and a waste of time having to double back to Sevilla. It makes more sense to go from Sevilla to Granada or Cadiz and then to Malaga for your trip home.

If you´re doing Granada to Malaga then down to the Costa Tropical, La Herradura, Salobreña for the beach, Or from Cadiz, Tarifa, the popular surfing spot is a good middle-ish stoppping point.

You´ll love it wherever you end up going and will definitely want to return.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Sevilla
Hotel Sevilla
395 Reviews
Seville, Spain
Granada
Granada
Cadiz
Cadiz
Costa de la Luz, Spain
Malaga
Malaga
Costa del Sol, Spain
Costa Tropical
Costa Tropical
La Herradura
La Herradura
Almunecar, Spain
Tarifa
Tarifa
Costa de la Luz, Spain
india
Level Contributor
18 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Itinerary help for june

Thanks for the suggestions. Have dropped the idea of doing Granada from Seville. Am planning to do the Granada malaga route.

Could you guys also suggest a nice day trip from sevile..

Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Granada
Granada
Seville
Seville
Olvera, Spain
Level Contributor
3,053 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Itinerary help for june

Either Cordoba or Carmona are nice day trips from Sevilla, both can be done easily by train. Ronda, is lovely but easier by car taking time to perhaps visit Zahara on the return. A much longer day would be to include a loop to take in Grazalema on the return. If visiting Grazalema I would carry on through Villamartin and onto the E-5 AP-4 at the toll junction at Las Cabezas de San Juan.

Sevilla to Ronda will take just about an hour and 45 minutes however to add on Grazalema and back to Sevilla via the toll road will take two hours 30 minutes. Grazalema is lovely but I am not sure that it is worth adding the extra driving.

Saludos. Lindsay

Mentioned in this post
Cordoba
Cordoba
Province of Cordoba, Spain
Carmona
Carmona
Hotel Sevilla
Hotel Sevilla
395 Reviews
Seville, Spain
Ronda
Ronda
Costa del Sol, Spain
Grazalema
Grazalema
Sierra de Grazalema Natural Park, Spain
Villamartin
Villamartin
Province of Cadiz, Spain
Hermosa Beach...
Level Contributor
2,665 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Itinerary help for june

If I only had time for one daytrip from Sevilla it would definately be Cordoba. Sevilla, Granada and Cordoba are must-sees for a first visit to Andalucia IMHO.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Sevilla
Hotel Sevilla
395 Reviews
Seville, Spain
Cordoba
Cordoba
Province of Cordoba, Spain
Granada
Granada
10. Re: Itinerary help for june

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 May 2014, 05:15