We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

About spain

Babylon
4 posts
Save Topic
About spain

Hi

I want to ask u guys if 5 days in andalucia is enough ???

Also , which is the best : to stay at malga and go to each of the cities (Cordoba , Seville , Granada) during the day and come back to my hotel in malaga in the end of the day ,,,

Or should I pook in each of these cities ???

One more quistion : which is the best : to rent a car or using public transport ????

Olvera, Spain
Level Contributor
2,873 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: About spain

In five days you will see very little. Sevilla is a minimum of three days, four if you want to do a side trip by train to Córdoba. I think I would remain in Sevilla for all five days and take a second side trip to somewhere else that interests you by train, perhaps Cádiz or Jerez. I always have a car but I am based in a more rural village where it would be impossible to get about without it.

Saludos. Lindsay

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
30,777 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: About spain

Agree, base yourself in Seville, from where you can visit by train www.renfe.com/EN/viajeros/index.html Cadiz or Cordoba.

Outside Cordoba train station take the local bus to The Mesquita.

Visit the Andalucian White towns by bus, Ronda www.losamarillos.es Carmona www.alsa.es

www.sevillaonline.es

www.andalucia.com

www.spain.info

Accommodation www.venere.com

Edited: 07 June 2013, 00:54
ati
cordoba, spain
Level Contributor
3,154 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: About spain

The only city that can be considered a hub to visit all that you want is Malaga. The journey from Seville to Granada is too long for a daytrip.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
59,117 posts
3,577 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: About spain

ali:

Read Buying Alhambra Tickets Online and book early.

For train travel, read Buying Renfe Tickets Online.

Babylon
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: About spain

Thanks guys .. what do u think about me renting a car ??? is it useful??

and how much is it cost for 5 may be 7 days???

Olvera, Spain
Level Contributor
2,873 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: About spain

If you start reading all the threads on here about car hire you will totally despair. I use www.doyouspain.com and have always had good service. If you think you will use a full tank of petrol you are better going with a hire which is pick up full/return full. This is what I do. Cost wise I know this won't help you out but as a guide I have hired a small five door hatchback this summer picking up and returning to Malaga Airport on a full/full basis for 28 days and it is costing me under 600 euros. I do not take the additional insurance offered and carry my own SatNav. The car although organised through www.doyouspain.com who are the agent will be hired from Sixt.

Saludos. Lindsay

Northampton, MA
Level Contributor
3,872 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: About spain

With so little time you will not have any time to explore the smallest of villages where you need a car. Public transport is excellent in Andalucia. Cars are a big hassle in Sevilla and Granada.

8. Re: About spain

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 June 2014, 05:17