We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where and when I can attend a good bullfight

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Topic
where and when I can attend a good bullfight

I will visit Andalucia (Malaga, Cordoba, seville, granada) from 9 to 16 August and I will like to know where and when I can attend a good bullfight and how I can get the tickets.

Mentioned in this post
Malaga
Malaga
Costa del Sol, Spain
Cordoba
Cordoba
Province of Cordoba, Spain
ati
cordoba, spain
Level Contributor
3,154 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where and when I can attend a good bullfight

tripadvisor.com/…49729928

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: where and when I can attend a good bullfight

Thanks, but Malaga fiera will be from 17 to 24 August, and I will be there from 9 to 16 august.

Mentioned in this post
Malaga
Malaga
Costa del Sol, Spain
Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
11,771 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: where and when I can attend a good bullfight

As to say I suppose a bad bullfight. ?? It's a barbaric sport.

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
9,242 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: where and when I can attend a good bullfight

I would say too there are no "good" bullfigts. Ir is not a sport. It is just barbaric.

But somehow many tourists keep believing that no visit to Spain is complete without experiencing something most Spaniards oppose.

Edited: 25 July 2013, 15:09
Mentioned in this post
Spain
Spain
Europe
Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
5,171 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: where and when I can attend a good bullfight

I would distinguish three categories of people when it comes to bullfighting:

- those who actively dislike it

- those who don't really care

- those who actively like it

I and mainly in the first category, but we shouldn't forget that bullfighting it still strong in some places, specially down here, belsaita, as much as you, me and many people like us don't like this.

uk
Level Contributor
1,894 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: where and when I can attend a good bullfight

Oh my god!! well ive just watched a youtube of bullfighting. Ive never seen bullfighting before. Its awful. just horrible. And to be honest makes no real sense. Its not a spectacular show. And if im honest, just pointless.

I wont have a go at anyone wanting to go see one

but

to sum it up................................GRIM, real grim

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
5,187 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: where and when I can attend a good bullfight

I probably fall in to the middle category. It is some years since I saw one and I have no plans to go again but if friends wanted to then OK.

The important word in the OP's question was 'good'. There are many bull fights, particularly in tourist areas, where you are seeing apprentice matadors not doing a particularly good job but if you go to Malaga Feria and see El Fandi and El Cordobes, as I did on my last visit to a bullfight, then you have a different perspective.

Frankly if I were a bull i think I would rather make it to a bullring at five years old than be sent to an abattoir at eighteen months to be slaughtered amongst all the other terrified animals whose blood and fear I could smell.

As a non meat eater i am sickened by the hypocrisy of those who wring their hands over the bullfight but have no compunction about eating meant nor the slightest interest in how it is produced.

Mentioned in this post
Malaga feria
Malaga feria
495 Reviews
Malaga, Spain
8. Re: where and when I can attend a good bullfight

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 July 2014, 06:20