We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sixt car hire malaga airport

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Sixt car hire malaga airport

Hi all! I would like to hire a car from sixt, since they have the best deal I found. Any experiences with this company? Do you think I can book it online with visa debit, even though it says it needs to be a credit card? Dont I only need credit card to secure the booking? I do have one, but I dont really want to pay with it. SO I though I would book it with my visa debit and would show my credit card upon arrival. Any thoughts or experiences regarding this? Many thanks!

Olvera, Spain
Level Contributor
2,972 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Sixt car hire malaga airport

Hi Istvan

My most recent hire was with Sixt at Málaga Airport. The service desk were very efficient, when I arrived there were two staff working each serving a client and one other person in front of me so I had very little time to wait before being attended to. By contrast the Goldcar queue was approximately three hours long. Once given the keys it was not difficult to locate the car in the parking lot.

I broke the habit of a lifetime and bought the additional insurance but that was only because I would be driving a BMW 1 Series for the next four weeks. A smaller, cheaper car I would not have bothered. The additional insurance was offered but the sale was not pressured in any way. The car had a couple of little scratches but nothing of any significance and turned out to be a lovely car to drive. I did approximately 1400 kms in the four weeks which is a little less than I would normally do as I had a tummy bug but that is another story.

On return to Málaga Airport the return process was very easy and I was glad of this as I was about half an hour later in getting to the airport than I had wanted to be. The handover comprised of me parking the car, removing the luggage and a member of staff giving it a cursory looksee and a note taken of the mileage and the fact that the tank was full as agreed.

My hire was booked via www.doyouspain.com a company I have used several times. I will be returning to Andalucía in October and will be hiring my car through Sixt. German engineering and German efficiency just about sums up the experience.

Saludos. Lindsay

Luxembourg City...
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Sixt car hire malaga airport

Hello

I recently hired a car through Sixt @ Malaga. Great initial service, but . . . . . I got home and they are trying to charge me for a scratch on the car that I didn't do! Nor was anything pointed out to me when I returned the car!! Be very careful, I have seen other reviews that say the same - based on my experience I won't be using them again. I hire a car twice a year in Malaga for about 10 days each time - there are plenty of other, more honest, options out there.

Thanks

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sixt car hire malaga airport

Thanks for your feedback Christopher! I eventually ended up hiring from them without full insurance, but everything went good and its been 6 weeks now, so hopefully wont get any charge from them for christmas...

Olvera, Spain
Level Contributor
2,972 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Sixt car hire malaga airport

Just got home at 1.00 am this morning. Another successful hire with Sixt negotiated by José at DoYouSpain. Lovely Ford Fiesta with 10,000 kms on the clock when I picked it up at Málaga. I added a further 1,100 to the total in the space of 13 days. Car report accurate on pick up, car checked over on return with receipt stating no additional damage. Did not buy additional insurance as I already have an annual policy purchased in the UK.

Already looking forward to my next trip.

Saludos. Lindsay

5. Re: Sixt car hire malaga airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2014, 06:21