We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

¡Feliz navidad!

Olvera, Spain
Level Contributor
2,808 posts
1 review
Save Topic
¡Feliz navidad!

Undoubtedly some unChrismassy person will shut this down but before that happens let me wish all the regulars and newbies on the Andalucía forum a very merry Christmas or Feliz navidad a todos.

Lindsay

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
56,092 posts
3,501 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ¡Feliz navidad!

Lindsay:

I wish you the same and hope you have a healthful New Year too!

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
2,512 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ¡Feliz navidad!

Thank you, and hope you had a nice Christmas, too, Campsie and Benny. Appreciate your comments during the year.

Olvera, Spain
Level Contributor
2,808 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: ¡Feliz navidad!

Christmas dinner is eaten and the dishes all washed up. Birthday boy has had his cake and candles so we can all put our feet up for what remains of the evening. And next week we will all go into overdrive for New Year.

Night night folks. Lindsay

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
2,512 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ¡Feliz navidad!

Thinking of feet up after our Christmas dinner reminds us of this past one: up went the feet and we turned on House Hunters International and they were in Ronda (sigh!). Then we heard the name of the house hunter, and it was the same last name as the owners of the hotel in Cortes de la Frontera where we had had a wonderful stay just weeks prior. Lo and behold, it was their son! Revived great memories.

Olvera, Spain
Level Contributor
2,808 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: ¡Feliz navidad!

Isn't that amazing. Ronda is absolutely gorgeous and only about 40 minutes drive from Olvera. We've got our flights, apartment and house and car hires all booked for July when we will have 17 days in Chiclana de la Frontera, then when my husband comes home Niall (our son) and I will head up to Olvera for the remainder of the month. October for Niall and me is all sorted too, two weeks in Olvera so I am already planning day trips here, there and wherever.

Lindsay

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
2,512 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ¡Feliz navidad!

It is amazing. And Olvera is the name of the main street here in downtown Los Angeles at the city's historic center and original pueblo (founded by the Spanish, of course). Prior to Chrstmas they do Las Posadas.

Olvera, Spain
Level Contributor
2,808 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: ¡Feliz navidad!

Next time you are in Cádiz, Málaga or Sevilla you ought to pay a visit to Olvera. The town has been described as "a street, a church and a castle but what a street, what a church and what a castle".

Lindsay

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
2,512 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: ¡Feliz navidad!

We will definitely hope to do that, thanks!

9. Re: ¡Feliz navidad!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 December 2014, 05:17