We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is our itinerary too hectic?

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
Is our itinerary too hectic?

Hello again! I'd appreciate some advice on our itinerary. Our flights are to Casa and back from Madrid are fixed. Anything in between is flexible. We are a couple most interested in nature/ scenery.

This is our first attempt on a trip with so much transportation but we're excited about it. However, I just want to make sure it won't be too hectic! Maybe we can extend our stay at one place and take day trips from there?

I'd also like advice on best means of transportation for all marked "via?". My brother recommends we rent a car to be able to move at our own pace and stop where we like. Is this practical?

Here it is:

Arrive Casablanca 12 June 1345

Travel right away to Fez via?

Stay in Fez for 2 nights

Travel to Chefchaouen via? on 14 June and stay one night

On 15 June travel from Chefchaouen to Tangier via? to Tarifa via ferry

On same day travel to Ronda via?

Stay in Ronda for 2 nights

Travel on 17 June to Granada via?

Stay in Granada for 2 nights

Travel to Cazorla on 19 June via?

Stay in Cazorla for 2 nights

Travel to Madrid on 21 June via?

Stay for one night

Flight back from Madrid is at 1535 on 22 June

Thank you!

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Is our itinerary too hectic?

Actually, our main reason for visiting Granada is just seeing Alhambra... Is it practical to just stop by and see it on our way (or stay for one night in Granada instead of two) and add the saved nights to Cazorla?

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Is our itinerary too hectic?

I'm sorry I didn't point out that we were only planning to rent a car in Spain. In Morocco, we plan on using train or taxi.

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
63,733 posts
3,726 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is our itinerary too hectic?

dahmusha:

You need 2 nights in Granada.

Read Buying Alhambra Tickets Online and BOOK EARLY.

Leipzig, Germany
Level Contributor
54 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Is our itinerary too hectic?

I think it really depends on you and how much energy you have. It is a balance between seeing as much as you can and actually being able to call the trip a vacation (meaning you are able to relax enough). I think that your trip is kind of hectic, but it is not the most hectic I have seen. You will probably be tired by the end of it. It just depends on your style...

I would definitely rent a car in Spain. It will give you a lot more flexibility, and if you want to stay in one city for a longer/shorter period of time you will be able to a little easier.

5. Re: Is our itinerary too hectic?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 February 2015, 05:23