We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breastfeeding in Andalucia

Indiana
Level Contributor
1,184 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Breastfeeding in Andalucia

This may be a little strange but I wanted to double check about this issue before we go to Andalucía in May. Our son will be 13 months and I expect him to still be nursing. I normally nurse with a cover but wanted to be sure that is ok to do in Spain. Most states in the US have laws stating that women are allowed to breastfeed in public but wasn't sure about other countries....

Olvera, Spain
Level Contributor
2,972 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Breastfeeding in Andalucia

As Spain is a very family orientated country I can't imagine there being any problems with breastfeeding your little one. I breastfed my three in restaurants and cafés in Scotland and they are now 25, 23 and almost 22. However, I did a quick search on google and came up with the following link, the forum might interest you:

netmums.com/coffeehouse/baby-794/breastfeedi…

Saludos. Lindsay

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
60,699 posts
3,654 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Breastfeeding in Andalucia

uepianogirl:

You will not have any problem in Spain. First of all the Spanish love babies. They are used to public nudity because all the beaches allow nudity in all forms.

3. Re: Breastfeeding in Andalucia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 February 2015, 05:20