We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

book hotel in advance in June?

Ostrava, Czech...
6 posts
Save Topic
book hotel in advance in June?

Hi,

I am going to Andalucia 6/6-17/6. We would like to rent a car and go around. But I dont want any schedule and decide in place if we stay 1 or 2 nights. Is that possible or we need to book hotel in advance for June?

London, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: book hotel in advance in June?

The dates of travel are not high season, so I do not think you have problems booking.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
55,244 posts
3,468 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: book hotel in advance in June?

kristyyn:

I would book hotels ahead of time. There will be many tourists then, since classes in the US finish in June.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
18,733 posts
271 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: book hotel in advance in June?

Two conflicting views. I could say that summer school holidays in UK start after middle of July. Or that Spanish schools are starting long summer holidays around middle June onwards. If that is relevant.Not sure bout French school holidays.

The case for booking in advance during the first half of June is mainly down to whether you have a definite plan to stay in one particular hotel and wish to know that when you arrive they are expecting you.

It is purely a matter of personal choice and my comment is that you will have far more chance to find a room during your dates especially at the coast in your desired place. Those chiringuitos beach type bars tend to start opening around middle June in my part of the world.

In Arcos de la Frontera for example there are more places to stay (more beds) in June than tourists to fill them. I know because I hear moans from hoteliers saying how low the occupancy is around that time. And there are many places to choose from.

Some people do prefer certainty and others like the freedom to decide at the time. In today's poor economic climate especially in the more remote areas of Andalucia you can find a bed for sure.

Ostrava, Czech...
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: book hotel in advance in June?

Thank you all for your opinions.

Coin, Spain
Level Contributor
548 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: book hotel in advance in June?

There is no need for booking in advance before Midsummer....

6. Re: book hotel in advance in June?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 March 2015, 06:16