We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Overnight in Granada or Cordoba?

New York
Level Contributor
8 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Overnight in Granada or Cordoba?

We are spending a week in Andalucia and will spend 3 nights in Seville. We prefer to stay in one other location and take day trips. Which is a nicer city to use as the base - Cordoba or Granada?

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
29,600 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Overnight in Granada or Cordoba?

Trains Cordoba (base) to Seville and Cordoba to Granada www.renfe.com/EN/viajeros/index.html

Tickets for the Alhambra book in advance www.ticketmaster.es

www.andalucia.com/cities/cordoba.htm

www.lovegranada.com

www.sevillaonline.es

Hermosa Beach...
Level Contributor
2,665 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Overnight in Granada or Cordoba?

Are you saying you'd want to spend 4 nights in either Granada or Cordoba and just 3 nights in Sevilla?

How many nights in total do you have to visit these cities? Cordoba is an easy daytrip from Sevilla but I wouldn't recommend trying to daytrip to Granada from either Cordoba or Sevilla. Honestly if I had 7 days for these 3 cities I'd probably spend 5 in Sevilla and do a daytrip to Cordoba and 2 nights in Granada. There are alot more daytrip possibilities that interest me from Sevilla vs Cordoba or Granada.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
56,092 posts
3,501 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Overnight in Granada or Cordoba?

NewYork:

I would split the 4 days you have besides Seville and stay 2 days in Cordoba and 2 days in Granada.

Read Buying Alhambra Tickets Online and BOOK EARLY.

For train travel:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187514-c80518/Madrid…

Oswestry, United...
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Overnight in Granada or Cordoba?

As # 2, I am unable to grasp the the amount of time you have.

Again as #2, the majority of time in Seville with Corboba a long day trip, but a short journey time in between, the balance of time in Granada.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
18,959 posts
271 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Overnight in Granada or Cordoba?

Cordoba is really nice but if you only need to stay in 2 bases then consider train or bus to Cordoba in morning then stash bags in lockers and spend the day in Cordoba and later that day travel on to Granada. That makes sense from a logistical planning operation.

6. Re: Overnight in Granada or Cordoba?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 March 2015, 07:22