We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A base for Andalucia tour, Malaga or Seville?

Sydney, Australia
10 posts
Save Topic
A base for Andalucia tour, Malaga or Seville?

Hi there

I'm planning a trip with wife and two children (18months and 5 years) to Spain in September. I'm starting with Barcelona, Madrid then Andalucia.

My plan was to spend 5-7 days in either Seville or Malaga and do day trips to Granada, Cordoba, and probably Gibraltar.

Any idea of what would be the best to use as a base, Malaga or Seville. It's seems the tours from Malaga are cheaper and trips to Granada and Cordoba are closer than starting from Seville. So there is the financial incentive to be based at Malaga but I feel there is more to see and experience culture wise in Seville

I'm interested in others experiences

Explora Malaga
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Walk in Granada Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
Spain Day Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, City Tours, Private Tours, Day Trips
Heart of Sevilla Free Tours
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours
Brussels, Belgium
Destination Expert
for Seville
Level Contributor
4,071 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A base for Andalucia tour, Malaga or Seville?

Andalusia is a big and dense place. I would suggest 2 bases, one in Seville for 4/5 days and then move to Granada for 2 days. From Seville you can daytrip to Cordoba, white villages, Carmona or/and Cadiz.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
60,080 posts
3,606 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A base for Andalucia tour, Malaga or Seville?

Sinan:

Read Buying Alhambra Tickets Online and BOOK EARLY.

For train travel.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187514-c80518/Madrid…

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
31,050 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A base for Andalucia tour, Malaga or Seville?

Trains Barcelona - Madrid - Cordoba - Seville - Granada www.renfe.com/EN/viajeros/index.html

You could break your journey at Cordoba and visit the The Mezquita, taking the local bus outside the station save back tracking. You will have to pay for two train sectors, there is luggage storage at Cordoba train station.

Seville to Carmona bus www.alsa.es Renfe train Seville to Cadiz.

Flights Granada to Barcelona www.vueling.com

Accommodation www.venere.com

www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com www.barcelonaturisme.com www.timeout.com/barcelona

www.madrid-tourist-guide.com www.madridtourist.info www.timeout.com/madrid

www.catedraldecordoba.es/visita/index.html www.sevillaonline.es www.lovegranada.com www.andalucia.com/villages/home.htm www.andalucia.com

To visit the Alhambra book tickets in advance www.ticketmaster.es

Accommodation www.venere.com

Edited: 17 March 2014, 07:10
Sydney, Australia
10 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: A base for Andalucia tour, Malaga or Seville?

Thanks for the advice

I think I'm stopping at Granada then Seville and fly to Lisbon from there. No need for Malaga

5. Re: A base for Andalucia tour, Malaga or Seville?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 March 2015, 04:19