We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Road trip with baby - your ideas for stops, please!

London
Level Contributor
3 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Road trip with baby - your ideas for stops, please!

Hi there

I am planning a trip to Spain in May 2014.

The trip is in two parts. First, we have a week in a villa with family in Casares (Malaga).

Then, whillst most of the family go home, my husband, our 5 month old baby and I will stay in Spain for another 10 days. We need to be in Madrid the following weekend to attend a wedding. I need help deciding the route / where to stay inbetween.

We have hired a car for the whole trip (pick up Malaga, drop off when we get to Madrid.) I know a car can be cumbersome in Spainish cities but we need a car to transport all our baby equipment...

So, my initial thoughts are:

Day 1 - Drive to Seville

Day 2 - Seville

Day 3 - Drive to Cordoba

Day 4 - Cordoba

Day 5 - Ubeda (maybe???)

Day 6 - drive to Toledo, stay in Toledo

Day 7 - drive to Madrid, check in hotel

Day 8 - Wedding

Is that a reasonable itinerary? Please give me your ideas on what we should visit / where we should stay, particularly smaller towns or more rural places that we could potentially stay inbetween Cordoba and Toledo.

Many thanks in advance.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
20,762 posts
280 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Road trip with baby - your ideas for stops, please!

May is a busy time for festivals / ferias. At Seville you have the Feria de Abril in May this year. and in Cordoba the Patio festival.

If you are not set on visiting Cordoba (or could see Cordoba during one of the days you spend based in Seville ) then I would look at the route north from Seville which heads to Extremadura and consider stopping at one or maybe two different places along the route. I am thinking of Merida, Caceres and Trujillo or even head to Guadalupe in the hills? Good roads and you travel through more green countryside to Toledo. Take a look at the map and do some research?

2. Re: Road trip with baby - your ideas for stops, please!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 March 2015, 04:17