We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Andalucia worth it or something else ?!!

Alexandria
Level Contributor
43 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Andalucia worth it or something else ?!!

i have been to spain 2 times visited barcelona and madrid and i m in luv with barcelona so much

and i m thinking this year to visit andalucia (malaga granada cordoba sevilla) in september

but i m asking if it worth or not .. or change to plan B

which is Berlin prague vienna and budapest !!

so waiting for your opinions !!

Olvera, Spain
Level Contributor
2,849 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Andalucia worth it or something else ?!!

My husband liked Prague when he visited for a day's work, described it as an adult weekend away. We have been holidaying in the Province of Cádiz for many years, have found the place (or two places) that we(I) would want to live if we didn't need to live where we do so I guess that puts my vote firmly on Andalucía. I can't imagine anyone coming to the area that I adore and simply not liking it.

Saludos. Lindsay

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
56,660 posts
3,568 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Andalucia worth it or something else ?!!

Youssef:

There is much to see in Andalucía and this would be my choice. You will also eat better in Andalucía than any of the other cities you mention.

You need two days in Granada. Read Buying Alhambra Tickets Online and BOOK EARLY.

For train travel:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187514-c80518/Madrid…

Some info about Malaga:

Malaga is the capital of the Costa del Sol and has beaches, plenty of sunshine (320 days of sunshine a year), and one of the best climates in Spain. It is also one of the most beautiful and relaxing cities in Spain, and 100% Spanish. Malaga has 14 museums (among them the Glass and Crystal Museum, Carmen Thyssen Museum, Automobile Museum, and the two Picasso Museums), historic churches (four founded by the Catholic Kings), and monuments that include two castles (Alcazaba and Gibralfaro). The sights are mostly downtown and completely walkable. There are very good restaurants, tapas bars, and nightlife. The city is very safe. The Malaga Park is a very large semi-tropical park and beside it is a new park called the Palmeral de las Sorpresas at the port. Muelle Uno is a new shopping/restaurant complex at the port. The Gardens of La Concepcion are the largest tropical plant gardens in Europe. There are about 1000 buildings from the 19th century downtown, one of the largest and best conserved collections in Spain.

The natives have the great charm of Andalucia and are among the most friendly people in Spain. It is easy to do day trips to the white towns of Ronda, Mijas, and Nerja, since Malaga is the transportation hub of its province. Malaga Airport is the third largest airport in Spain and has direct connections with many European cities. One can take the AVE from Madrid to Malaga. Read the top questions in the Malaga forum.

Shopping is wonderful and most stores are walkable from downtown. Downtown has Calle Larios, Calle Nueva, and Calle Granada and surrounding streets, with many boutiques. El Corte Ingles is a large department store near downtown. Two shopping malls near downtown are the Larios Center and Vialia.

Good hotels in good locations:

5-star: Vincci Posada del Patio

4-star: Hotel AC Malaga Palacio – Good location near Calle Larios. The rooftop restaurant is a romantic place during twilight with a great view of the port.

4-star: Hotel Molina Lario – Good location near Calle Larios with parking. The hotel restaurant Café de Bolsa is a very good restaurant.

4-star: Hotel NH Malaga – Good hotel with a large parking space.

3-star: Hotel Don Curro – Good hotel near Calle Larios.

2-star: Ibis Malaga Centro Ciudad

The Restaurant El Pimpi at Calle Granada, 62, has Andalusian decoration and music and one can have tapas and try Malaga’s sweet wine here (the Malaga Virgen moscatel is delicious). This is the restaurant that celebrities are brought to. Movie stars and members of royalty have all been here.

Malaga was named by Trip Advisor as the 7th best destination in the “Traveler’s Choice 2013 – Top 10 Destinations of Spain” list.

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
14,347 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Andalucia worth it or something else ?!!

Despite the stock response above, and the fact that Malaga is my home city, I have to say that Sevilla, Granada and Córdoba all have much more to offer and should be visited first. Andalucía is very different to Barcelona and Madrid - much more passionate and lively!

Whether to do Andalucía or Mitteleuropa is a different matter entirely, I suppose it depends on the time of year and how often you go on holiday.

Alexandria
Level Contributor
43 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Andalucia worth it or something else ?!!

TX all for your response , you encourage me a lot now to make this trip.

i think i will visit malaga first and make a day trip to granada and next move to sevilla and

make a day trip to cordoba from their , coz moving too much with luggage will be too exhausting

so that the best i thought,

so how many days do you recommend in malaga and sevilla including those day trips ?!!

and may be later i can add another place but for now this is my main destination

TX again for your reply

Montreal
Level Contributor
871 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Andalucia worth it or something else ?!!

Did you ask the same question in the other forums? You'll likely get very different answers than above.

I'd choose Prague over Malaga hands down, not comprable, at all. Malaga would be last on my list of the places you mention.

If you choose Andalucia, Cordoba is nice for a day visit or two. Go to Cadiz and Granada.

Olvera, Spain
Level Contributor
2,849 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Andalucia worth it or something else ?!!

Sevilla needs a minimum of three days plus days for side trips. You could do both Córdoba and Cádiz while based in Sevilla. You could also do a day trip to Ronda from Málaga.

Saludos. Lindsay

Alexandria
Level Contributor
43 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Andalucia worth it or something else ?!!

so it seems that it's a very confusing choice

i m feeling that andalusia is beautiful but not an incredible place,

i don't know that right or wrong ?! so i have to search more and more

until i got a choice !! so ut opinions are welcome

Olvera, Spain
Level Contributor
2,849 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Andalucia worth it or something else ?!!

The areas that I know are incredible. That is why I spend at least six weeks a year there and wish it were more. Sevilla is a magnificent city, most travellers spend at least three days here, I am seeing Sevilla bit by bit on day trips from Olvera which has the well earned accolade of being "the king of the pueblos blancos". Cádiz city is ancient and beautiful, a trip across the Bay of Cádiz to El Puerto de Santa María by catamaran is very special. Although I have not yet been, Granada and her Alhambra are a sight to behold. No, for me, Western Andalucía is where I would like to call home, I cannot comment on the east as I have not travelled there, yet.

Lindsay

Brussels, Belgium
Destination Expert
for Seville
Level Contributor
3,991 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Andalucia worth it or something else ?!!

I think Andalusia is worth it, an incredible place, and any superlative adjectives you may add. However, it is up to your interests and preferences to figure out if it could be worth to you.

having said that, prague, vienna, budapest and berlin are all incredible cities and i would spend my holidays in any of those as well without a second thought.

so whatever you choose, you'll be ok

10. Re: Andalucia worth it or something else ?!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 April 2015, 05:16