We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

train travel

meath
Level Contributor
79 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
train travel

Hi, we are 3 adults one child travelling madrid - cordoba - jerez/cadiz - seville by train. bill for all four of us is about 250 euro travelling 4m. is there any passes that could reduce the cost. i know its reasonable but on were on a tight budget! Thanks

Oswestry, United...
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: train travel

Here is the detail on RENFE's passes - renfe.com/EN/…index.html

I will be surprised if any pass undercuts advance purchase discounts. You are the only one in a position to make a maths comparison.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
19,935 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: train travel

If you book a table or mesa for 4 people on the AVE from Madrid to Cordoba it costs €100.

If you take the SOCIBUS from Cordoba to Jerez it will cost a total of €36 and journey takes 2 1/2 hours. http://www.socibus.es/html/index.php

The train from Jerez to Seville costs €10.90 each.

Of course you could take the bus from Madrid to Cordoba but the train is fun.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
59,245 posts
3,585 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: train travel

tia:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187514-c80518/Madrid…

meath
Level Contributor
79 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: train travel

Thanks for that I see the bus from cordoba is a lot cheaper than the train but train wins every time for me! Would prefer train over bus every time. Does the bus from jere to Chipiona go from the bus station beside the train station perchance? Thanks for the info

meath
Level Contributor
79 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: train travel

Thanks for that I see the bus from cordoba is a lot cheaper than the train but train wins every time for me! Would prefer train over bus every time. Does the bus from jere to Chipiona go from the bus station beside the train station perchance? Thanks for the info

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
19,935 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: train travel

yes the bus leaves from the main bus station next to the railway station.

know how you feel about buses but the cost difference seemed to be quite high for what is a reasonably easy journey. I have used the bus from Seville to Arcos de la Frontera run by Los Amarillos a few times as it was more convenient. That journey takes up to two hours and it does not feel like that. Well at least not for me as am always looking out the window at the scenery ! I also use the train especially the MD one from Seville and sometimes Cordoba.

7. Re: train travel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 June 2015, 05:16