We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Via Ronda or Antequera?

Pretoria, South...
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Via Ronda or Antequera?

We will travel by rental car from Seville to Malaga (Benalmedena) on 2 June. Should we go via Antequera or Ronda?

Our hotel in Benalmedena is already booked for 2 nights, but we thought it would be nice to see one of these two towns for the day/afternoon on our way there. Maybe a good place to have lunch?

Any advice will be appreciated.

Special Offer
Granada Day Trip from Seville with...
596 reviews
from US$145.50*
US$181.90
Alhambra, Generalife Gardens...
1,491 reviews
from US$74.50*
Morocco Day Trip from Malaga to...
371 reviews
from US$108.60*
Priority Access to Alhambra and...
143 reviews
from US$49.00*
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
21,536 posts
287 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Via Ronda or Antequera?

Assuming that you are moving on after 2 days in Benalmádena and will not have time to see other places in Malaga or Cadiz Provinces, then I think you can consider driving south past Utrera on A-375 and head for the Sierra de Grazalema either going via Zahara de la Sierra or direct to Grazalema and take in the rugged hill scenery in these parts before visiting Ronda. You then have a choice of onward drive. Either down the A-397 which is the winding bendy road that is used to access the Costa del Sol and does have some far reaching views towards the Mediterranean as well as the famous Rock of Gibraltar. or to take the more gentle A-367 heading out of Ronda to the east and to join the road down towards Malaga before turning off on the newish A-7 direct to the Autovía del Mediterráneo and your destination. You can spend time en route and depending on your driving skills etc can take in some more "pueblos blancos" on the way. I do like the road which goes out of Zahara de la Sierra and crosses the highest road point in Cadiz Province called Puerto de Las Palomas before heading down to Grazalema using the CA-531. But as I say depends on your driving decisions. As lunch can go on until late in the day maybe stop for this in Ronda where you have a greater selection.

I assume that you are doing this on 2nd July by the way which is midweek.

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
63,524 posts
3,726 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Via Ronda or Antequera?

Annelien:

I would visit Antequera. The best restaurant there:

Arte de Cozina

Calle Calzada, 27-29.

Tel: 952-840-014

Web: http://artedecozina.com/

This restaurant opens for lunch at 1 pm. The style of the restaurant is rustic, but elegant. In the main dining room there is a very large fireplace. The tables are set with white tablecloths. The restaurant has recovered old traditional recipes and is a restaurant for gourmets. The menu is quite studied and entrees cost only 10 to 13 euros. As a starter the croquetas are very good, with 10 pieces, each one being different from the others. Service is very friendly and the waitress is very informative. This restaurant is located in the center of downtown and is a great place for lunch. Reservations are suggested because the place fills up, being probably the best restaurant downtown.

Pretoria, South...
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Via Ronda or Antequera?

Wow! Now my mouth is watering AND I'm seeing beautiful scenery on a "off-the-beaten-track" road... thank you Cadiz_Lover and BennyMalaga for both your suggestions. We're going to have a difficult choice to make. Will let you know after our trip.

And yes, we are visiting other destinations as well: 2 days in Barcelona, 3 in Vejer for my cousin's wedding!!, 2 in Seville and then the last 2 in Benalmadena.

Do you have a great gourmet restaurant with nice atmosphere to recommend in Seville BennyMalaga? We will be staying in the Hotel Casa 1800.

4. Re: Via Ronda or Antequera?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2015, 05:16