We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A week in Andalusia

New York
1 post
Save Topic
A week in Andalusia

I'll be flying into Madrid in mid March and then plan to spend a week in Andalusia. I would prefer to limit my visit to two cities and enjoy historic sites and warm weather. Which two do you recommend? Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Madrid
Madrid
Community of Madrid, Spain
Cave of Pileta
Historic Sites, Ski & Snowboard Areas
Convento del Carmen de Trigueros
Architectural Buildings, Historic Sites
Plaza de Toros de Cortegana
Historic Sites, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Fuerte de San Felipe
Historic Sites, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Spain
Destination Expert
for Fes
Level Contributor
1,210 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A week in Andalusia

Mid March is no guarantee of warm weather regardless of where you are in the country. If I had to focus on two cities I would probably choose Granada and Sevilla, with lots of options for day trips in the environs....Less obvious choices would be perhaps Cadiz or Malaga, which is a much more interesting city than most people give it credit for (slightly warmer too by the ocean)

Mentioned in this post
Granada
Granada
Province of Granada, Spain
Malaga
Malaga
Costa del Sol, Spain
Lake Vinuela...
Level Contributor
9,535 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A week in Andalusia

I would suggest Malaga and Seville. Still skiing in the Sierra Nevada above Granada in March so weather can be very chilly.

Malaga is a fascinating city sadlymissed by so many visitors who only see its Airport - fabulous Picasso Museum, great shopping, wonderful architecture, ocean front and great traditional dining.

Mentioned in this post
Malaga
Malaga
Costa del Sol, Spain
Seville
Seville
Province of Seville, Spain
Granada
Granada
Province of Granada, Spain
UK
Level Contributor
2,163 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A week in Andalusia

I'll second casaianda on this, Malaga & Sevilla.

You will have the chance of a rainy day at that time of year so come prepared. Also, it will cool quickly when the sun goes down so bring something warm for the evenings.

4. Re: A week in Andalusia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2009, 00:17