We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How many days

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
42 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
How many days

Am planning a trip to Andalucia in Feb/Mar and wondered how many days I need to the following.

Seville, Cordoba, Granda and Malaga.

Was thinking of flying to Malaga and getting a train to Seville and staying there for 3 nights, with 1 1/2 days in Seville and a day trip to Cordoba, followed by a train to Granada and 3 nights there and then a bus to Malaga for 1 night to fly back.

Am not really sure how many days I need in Granada. Are there 1/2 day excursions from which I shouldn't miss? Do I need to spend any time in Malaga or would 1/2 a day be enough?

Could probably add another couple of nights on if need be.

Stockport
Level Contributor
24 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How many days

I love Granada but 3 nights is plenty, as for day trips maybe the Sierra Nevada/Las Apujarras if you like the mountains. Guess you have already targeted the Alhambra Palace? If not thats a definate must.

Apart from that much of Granada is simply wandering about, seeing what you see, stopping for coffee in the squares, and taking it all very easy.

If I was you I would maybe try to get another night in Seville and 2 nights in Granada, but it all depends on what you like to do on holiday. Whatever Granada is still more of a weekend break city for me.

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
42 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How many days

Is it possible to do a day trip to Granada more either Malaga or Seville. Am trying to avoid staying in too many hotels and was thinking 4 nights in Seville and 3 in Malaga.

Does anyone have any good advice as to hotels in either place. Have seen the Sol Melia chain which look quite good.

Lake Vinuela...
Level Contributor
9,535 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How many days

Sol Melia chain is excellent.

We stay at their Don Marco at Torremolinos every 6 weeks and have stayed at many other of their hotels in Spain. All brilliant.

Would do a day excursion to Granada from a Malaga area base rather than staying there.

UK
Level Contributor
2,163 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How many days

Agree with casaianda on both counts, a day trip to Granada is easily doable, but personally I would at least overnight there. We stayed in the Melia Granada the first time we went, very central & good rated on www.solmelia.com.

We, too have stayed in plenty of Sol Melia/ Tryp hotels around the country & have always found them to be of a good standard. Check out the Tryp Alameda in Malaga - a very nice hotel with a great breakfast very near to the bus & train stations & 10 minutes walk into the centre.

5. Re: How many days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2009, 16:16