We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

El Monsul Beach, Cabo de Gata

South Africa
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Topic
El Monsul Beach, Cabo de Gata

I've read that El Monsul is a good beach to visit near San Jose. Some reports state that access is easy and that it is a nudist beach. Can any verify this, please? How easy is access to the other nudist beaches of Cabo de Gata? And how busy should they be in July? (We like them rather busier than too quiet). We will be visiting Vera Playa beaches but want to make a daytrip to Cabo de Gata, but won't have enough time to do a lot of walking to get to some beaches.

Ina

UK
Level Contributor
2,163 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: El Monsul Beach, Cabo de Gata

We've never been, so can't help you, I'm afraid. Some good info on that & other beaches in the area on this site - http://www.degata.com/eng/

South Africa
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: El Monsul Beach, Cabo de Gata

Thanks, I know of the website and have loohed at it. However, it states that El Monsul is a "rustic" beach and doesn't comment on if it is nudist, although other info suggests that it is. I just want confirmation on this, please. Doing Cabo de Gata in a daytrip doesn't allow us too much time, so we would like to drive and park, and not do too much walking to find some of the beaches. Which ones is fairly easy accessable, and preferably nudist too? Anybody that has been there, especially during July? Much appreciated!!

Fife
Level Contributor
9 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: El Monsul Beach, Cabo de Gata

Just returned from Cabo de Gata earlier this month - lots of beaches available in the area & most are easily accessible by car, including El Monsul. I don't think either are specifically nudist beaches but we saw a number of people au naturel on many of beaches in the area. In May the beaches were quite quiet but I believe they do get significantly busier in July.

4. Re: El Monsul Beach, Cabo de Gata

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2009, 09:20
Get answers to your questions about Almeria
Recent Conversations