We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New years Eve and New Years Day in Cordoba, what to do!!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
332 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
New years Eve and New Years Day in Cordoba, what to do!!

We will hopfully be in Cordoba New Years Eve, and New Years Day, and leave the next day. I know it will be a public holiday and so was wondering how we could make the most of this place with many things closed. Should we have a car hired for the day?? We will be doing other parts of Southern Spain as well, so please tell us what we need to get done before the public holdiay on New Years Day, or is Spain pretty good at staying open. Thanks

Lake Vinuela...
Level Contributor
9,535 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New years Eve and New Years Day in Cordoba, what to do!!

Everywhere - except restaurants - will be shut New years Day.

Most places close lunchtime on New Years Eve.

As for restaurants - yes they will be open but all popular places book uo months in advance for 31st December/1st January so suggest you find somewhere you like the look of in advance and book before your holiday starts.

Don´t forget there is another National Holiday on 6th January with, again, everywhere shut.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
332 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New years Eve and New Years Day in Cordoba, what to do!!

So would you suggest just wandering the streets etc?? on the day and enjoying the streets? or should we get to a better town?? and make sure we have food to cover the day by the sounds?

Lake Vinuela...
Level Contributor
9,535 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New years Eve and New Years Day in Cordoba, what to do!!

A short drive to the fascinating Mediaeval town of Carmona would be well worth the trip.

Lost on Earth
Level Contributor
86 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: New years Eve and New Years Day in Cordoba, what to do!!

If everything closes for the public holiday then surly will not the hire car offices too? If so you will have to hire the car for more than one day!

The public holiday is for all of Spain so no matter where you go everything will be shut, for that reason I would just stay as planned.

Lake Vinuela...
Level Contributor
9,535 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New years Eve and New Years Day in Cordoba, what to do!!

Car hire places are usually open 365 days a year!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
332 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New years Eve and New Years Day in Cordoba, what to do!!

Thanks Casaianda for ideas, I haven't heard of Carmona, maybe a great idea as I love medieval towns, the more I see the better

7. Re: New years Eve and New Years Day in Cordoba, what to do!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2009, 09:28
Get answers to your questions about Cordoba