We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Public Parking System in Cordoba, Spain

1 post
Save Topic
Public Parking System in Cordoba, Spain

I and my wife are planning to visit Cordoba by car mid April. We need to park the car in Cordoba over-night. However, my problem is there is only a very little information available of public parking system in Cordoba.

I found some information at Cordoba site

(english.turismodecordoba.org/index2.cfm…)

only as follows:

CAR PARKS

Avda. de los Custodios (historical centre)

Paseo de la Victoria

Avda. de la Libertad

C/ Sevilla. Phone. +34 957490 924

C/ Conde de Robledo. Phone. +34 957 478 783

Avda. Ronda de Tejares (Corte Inglés)

C/ La Bodega

Centro Comecial Eroski

Estación de tren AVE (railway station)

Estación de autobuses (bus station)

Avda. del Aeropuerto

Vial Norte

There is no information of fees, business hours, detail location . . . at all.

My purpose is to park the car over-night so that it is not necessary the parking lot is close to major sites like old city. Instead, I am looking for a reasonably priced safe public parking lot.

Is there anybody who knows the system of public parking operations in Cordoba? I am especially interested parking garage by the train station and parking lots by the bus station and Paseo de la Victoria.

Special Offer
Cordoba Day Trip from Seville...
122 reviews
from US$100.00*
US$125.00
Cordoba Day Trip from Seville
304 reviews
from US$120.00*
Cordoba Full Day Trip with Mosque...
85 reviews
from US$80.80*
Great Mosque Cathedral of Cordoba...
11 reviews
from US$31.60*
scotland
Level Contributor
17,404 posts
253 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Public Parking System in Cordoba, Spain

parking here http://goo.gl/maps/5yzMZ it will show the entrance to a large underground car Park that runs underneath Paseo de la Victoria, this might help also http://en.parkopedia.es/parking/c%C3%B3rdoba/

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
63,618 posts
3,726 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Public Parking System in Cordoba, Spain

Jayshin:

It comes out cheaper parking at a hotel that has parking, being charged 11 euros a day. Many parking garages charge from 1.50 to 2 euros an hour, which is quite expensive.

There really is no free parking in Spain's cities.

Oswestry, United...
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Public Parking System in Cordoba, Spain

Ask your accommodation if they have the facility and how much - as #2, it will surely be cheaper if they do.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
21,558 posts
287 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Public Parking System in Cordoba, Spain

Public parking places are available however one thing that really bugs me is the difficulty of finding price charges before entering the place. Quite often you need to go and ask the man in the office or hunt for the tariff on the ticket machine. This is something very common in my experience.

Also parking charges at public car parks as well as at hotels do vary a lot. For example the cost of parking at the AC Hotel Cordoba Palacio by Marriott is €18.

For an overnight or 24 hours at a public car park it is usually cheaper than the simple daily hourly rate. I have parked at Paseo de la Victoria overnight a few years back and the cost was not exorbitant from memory - maybe €14. I read on the Parking web site above that the 24 hours parking charge for Paseo de la Victoria is €11.35., This could well be correct or a mistake but it seems to indicate that using this car park is good if staying overnight and if your accommodation is nearby.

I have parked at spaces offered by hotels in Seville Cordoba and Malaga plus elsewhere and the costs seem to vary a lot depending on how close you are to the centre. The price is never more than €20 for 24 hours and never less than €7 in my experience.

5. Re: Public Parking System in Cordoba, Spain

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 February 2014, 06:17