We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do in Cordoba on a Monday?

Which Cordoba hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Maidenhead, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
What to do in Cordoba on a Monday?

Hi all,

I seem to have not planned my visit to Cordoba too well. We arrive Sunday at 12:30pm and leave Tuesday at 11pm.

Now I am trying to make my plans and see that most things shut on a Sunday after 2:30pm and are mostly closed on a Monday.

I have pencilled in a Morning visit to the Mezquita on Monday and saw that you can buy a 'show' ticket to the Alcazar which costs more but gives you Monday access.

What else is recommended on a Monday?

Thanks,

Joe

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
57,737 posts
3,574 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do in Cordoba on a Monday?

Joe:

You can walk around and see the Plaza Corredera, Plaza Tendillas, and Roman Temple. All the churches will be open too.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
19,409 posts
271 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do in Cordoba on a Monday?

Certainly check the listing of opening hours

turismodecordoba.org/84/…horarios.pdf

Depends what you are expecting but one place is worth visiting in the afternoon of Monday for the very old Mudejar decorative work - Capilla Mudejar de San Bartolome.

tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g187430-…

and copied from this place's website an explanation of Mudejar. (You may come across this word during visit to Al Andalus) www.manmaku.es/capillamudejar/english.html

The word mudejar comes from the Arabic term “mudayyan” meaning “he who has been allowed to remain”. The term is used to the Muslims that stayed in the territories after the arrival of Christians and were permitted to retain their religion, language and customs.

Also and somewhat related if you could visit the Museum of the Inquisition. Not quite my thing but clearly an important reminder of the days when the power of religion in Spain was seen as overriding any concerns for human rights. galeriadelainquisicion.com/home_ingles.php

And it is most important to plan lunch and plenty of places in Cordoba for a good light or heavy lunch ! Near the Plaza de la Corredera is a restaurant which is good value and popular called Taberna Salinas. www.tabernasalinas.com/historia_en.html

Not far from Plaza de las Tendillas which is like the central point where old meets new Cordoba and where there is a Tourist kiosk another local tapas and restaurant popular with locals called Taberna San Miguel or more commonly known as Casa el Pisto. http://www.casaelpisto.com/en/home

ati
cordoba, spain
Level Contributor
3,154 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to do in Cordoba on a Monday?

Stroll by the old narrow streets. Visit churches. Have a meal in a 'taberna'. Don't miss the real live by the streets.

In which month are you coming?

Montreal
Level Contributor
871 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What to do in Cordoba on a Monday?

we walked along the bridge and took great photos of the city with the Mezquita as the central focus, both in daylight and after dark.

We noticed a lot of people jogging and biking across. We didn't get to the other side. Locals, what would we have found if we had gone to the neighborhood on the other side?

I'd take cadiz_lover's advice and go to Plaza de la Corredera (and I'd note her recommendations in the area). It's a bit more rundown around there. I don't mean this in a bad way. In fact, we preferred the area to the fancy pedestrianized shopping streets and if I went back I'd have a better look around the area.

ati
cordoba, spain
Level Contributor
3,154 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What to do in Cordoba on a Monday?

You would have found the 'Torre de la Calahorra', the 'San Jose y Espiritu Santo Parish', -nice Andalusian style church to visit, the Cristo shrine (18th century), some old bars with wonderful fried fish and, above all, fantastic views from the other side. ;)

6. Re: What to do in Cordoba on a Monday?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 March 2015, 05:17