We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus station to mezquita hotel

Which Cordoba hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
australia
Level Contributor
187 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Bus station to mezquita hotel

Would it take long to walk from bus station to hotel mezquita and is it relatively easy to find or is taxi a better option?

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
55,162 posts
3,468 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus station to mezquita hotel

melaway:

A taxi from the bus station will cost about 6 euros only.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
18,703 posts
271 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus station to mezquita hotel

It is a downhill walk from the station to the Mezquita which is close to the river. You can walk it in under 30 minutes unless distracted on the way ! Cordoba is quite a compact central city but the older part can be a bit confusing however the easy way to your hotel is as follows.

Walk to the wide park gardens which run from close to the station all the way towards the river and continue through the park to cross over to Paseo de la Victoria eventually and head for Calle Concepción. You may notice a strange round sunken structure just near here on the edge of the park and Paseo de Victoria. It is this :http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_mausoleum_of_C%C3%B3rdoba

In Roman occupation times this mausoleum would be on the edge of the city outside the city gate and on the way to Seville. There are other ruins in the city. I find it strange that this great mausoleum was not "discovered" until 1993.

Proceed down the Calle Concepción.which has shops but is not the main shopping street and at the end you have a central square called Plaza de las Tendillas. Here you may find open a Tourist information kiosk to get information.

…turismodecordoba.org/empresas/7310/6156/002…

At this Plaza you can then head towards the river from the south west corner of the square on Calle Jesús María which leads you into the older part of Cordoba. This is all downhill and when you reach a division of the way just head straight ahead down a narrow street Calle Céspedes and you will come to the outer wall of the great Mezquita/ Cathedral of Cordoba. Follow the wall round to your left and then right and you have arrived.

australia
Level Contributor
187 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus station to mezquita hotel

Thanks so much to you both for your replies. If we do walk the route described will be a great help. Looking forward to our stay.

Brussels, Belgium
Destination Expert
for Seville
Level Contributor
3,978 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus station to mezquita hotel

it is a quite nice and relaxing walk, where you'll have the opportunity to see the ancient walls from the outside.

ati
cordoba, spain
Level Contributor
3,154 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus station to mezquita hotel

Other possible way is along the Paseo de la Victoria gardens (very nice promenade), avoiding calle Concepción and the downtown. Once you arrive to the Eurostars Palace, cross the avenue and go through the Almodovar's Gate. Take the first st on your right (Judios st, very the Sinagogue is located) and reach the Cathedral.

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=6266584

Montreal
Level Contributor
871 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus station to mezquita hotel

having done the walk (our hotel faced the entrance of the Mezquita), I'd suggest going along Paseo de la Victoria, as said, a very nice walk.

We entered through the Almodovar gate and it is not so starightforward to get to the Mezquita from there for a newcomer. The streets are windy, narrow, some dead ends and they are cobbled so if you are wheeling luggage it's annoying.

I recommend continuing south to the tourist kiosk that Cadiz_lover mentions and from there the Mezquita will be around the corner and you can use it as a guide, so it'll be much easier to know where you are going.

ati
cordoba, spain
Level Contributor
3,154 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bus station to mezquita hotel

Cobbled streets could be found in both itineraries. Cairuan st (the old walls side) is covered with them.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
18,703 posts
271 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bus station to mezquita hotel

Dear ati

I suggested my route becasue I felt that it avoided all those cobbles. I once stayed at Hotel Cordoba Centro on Calle Jesús María and walked everywhere and down to the Mezquita of course. I remember the walk being rather pleasant pedestrianised way with expensive paving and no cobbles. I threw in the "landmarks" such as the Roman mausoleum because for the first time visitor this may help as would the Tourist office kiosk on Plaza de las Tendillas.

Walking around the older city area does mean you come across cobbles. I visited the Mezquita for the first time in 1960 and stayed quite near the Mezquita in a very hot and stuffy hostel - as it was middle of summer not surprising. I always remember being stunned by the Mezquita and loving the shade ! Have been back a few times and always find something new.

I would love to be in Cordoba during Holy Week.

australia
Level Contributor
187 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bus station to mezquita hotel

Thanks so much everyone for all your suggestions. Very much appreciated.

10. Re: Bus station to mezquita hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 April 2015, 05:16