We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just one day in Córdoba.

Which Cordoba hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Spain
Level Contributor
90 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Just one day in Córdoba.

I have some visitors next week and I would like to take them on a day trip to Cordoba. We would take an early AVE from Seville and return early evening.

What are the MUST SEE sights of the city? My great-niece and I are both keen photographers and picture taking will be the focus of the trip. The Mezquita and the Juderia have been suggested to me so far.

Due to their very short holiday Saturday will be the most convenient day to make the Córdoba trip; is that an OK day as far as seeing the sights is concerned?

Do I need to book any entrance tickets in advance?

Oswestry, United...
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just one day in Córdoba.

Is the Top Question, on the right, 'What are the best sights of Cordoba?' not an assist.

And I do not think there is anywhere you can advance purchase entrance tickets.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
18,720 posts
271 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just one day in Córdoba.

Rafiki

On the right hand side if you are using the browser not the APP you have a list of Top Questions and many of your thoughts will be answered. Cordoba is a fairly compact city yet you can discover more and more the longer you stay. Allow at least an hour for the Mezquita/Cathedral inside and be sure to check the opening times in case of any special event etc.

The Cordoba tourism site does contain much useful info incldg opening hours.

english.turismodecordoba.org/index2.cfm

A walk over the pedestrianised Roman bridge gives new views. If going at this time crowds will be less and Saturday should be good but allow for the possible high temps as am sure you know all about!

The AVANT train is cheaper and just as fast as AVE by the way so check the times in case you are better to use that one. You may not be able to visit the ruins of Medina Azahara however these are best visited in cooler weather in my opinion. tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187430-c188963/Cordo…

Spain
Level Contributor
90 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just one day in Córdoba.

Thank you both.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
55,189 posts
3,468 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just one day in Córdoba.

rafiki:

Besides the Mezquita, you can see the Alcazar and its beautiful gardens.

A good restaurant near the Mezquita:

Casa Pepe de la Juderia

Calle Romero, 3

Tel: 957-200-744

This restaurant is elegant and the waiters wear black and white and are well trained and very attentive. The china is made especially for the restaurant in Limoges. The salmorejo (typical thick tomato soup) and the rabo de toro are very good. For dessert the flan is very special and extremely delicious. There is a small patio which is a good place to eat if it is not too hot.

Edited: 13 August 2014, 05:06
Spain
Level Contributor
90 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just one day in Córdoba.

thank you.

Brussels, Belgium
Destination Expert
for Seville
Level Contributor
3,978 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just one day in Córdoba.

adding to those, I will also try to visit the Plaza de la Corredera. It is a great square and it is strange because it is a Castillian square built in an Andalusian city.

Spain
Level Contributor
90 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just one day in Córdoba.

Thank you. That's very interesting.

Spain
Level Contributor
90 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just one day in Córdoba.

I am grateful for all the info so far. My plan was to go from Seville by train but we are now thinking of driving there. My Land Rover Defender with roof tent is 2.4 metres high so I would be grateful for info on surface car parks or other parks with ~2.5 metres height near to the attractions.

Edited: 13 August 2014, 19:24
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
18,720 posts
271 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Just one day in Córdoba.

Look at this parking in open and should be good.

This is street view of entrance

http://goo.gl/bNk4wV

parking space owner :

http://www.isoluxaparcamientos.com/en/

Spain
Level Contributor
90 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Just one day in Córdoba.

Thank you. That looks good. I suppose the alternative might be to drive to the train station and park there and take a taxi. One of my party is not as mobile as the rest of us. I see from street view that it is a surface park too.