We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

flights to jerez

Dorset UK
5 posts
Save Topic
flights to jerez

hello.

I was under the impression we could get direct flights from the UK to Jerez, but can't seem to find any. Does anyone know the quickest, most direct way to fly to this area - we're thinking of staying at the hotel iberostar analucia playa at novo sancti petri in December.

thank you

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
19,409 posts
271 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: flights to jerez

Ryanair do direct flights to Jerez from London Stansted. If you don't mind a drive, then consider either Seville or Gibraltar or even Malaga. From Seville you can take the autopista del sur. It's a toll motorway so expect to pay around Euros 8 to drive from Seville to Chiclana using the motorway but it is a good road and rarely very busy.

Dorset UK
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: flights to jerez

thanks Cadiz lover! Do you know anywhere in the South of England that flies to Seville other than Heathrow?

Thank you

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
19,409 posts
271 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: flights to jerez

Only one I know and use is BA (GB AIRWAYS) out of Gatwick North. Think it's a daily flight that gets you to Seville by 1 pm. Look at www.ba.com for fares and bookings. Otherwise you could opt for Bournemouth to Malaga by Thomson which may be a good option or Bristol to Malaga on Easyjet. For Bournemouth look at www.flybournemouth.com

I should be a travel agent !

Dorset UK
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: flights to jerez

Thanks for that useful information.

Since you are so knowledgable about all things relative to this part of the world, may I ask you 2 more things?

Firstly, I read somewhere that it takes about 150 minutes to drive from Malaga to Cadiz. Is this an accurate time?

Also, with regard to the hotel iberostar analucia playa at novo sancti petri - do you know if this is an area of a string of hotels, appartment blocks etc. Last year we stayed at El Rompidou near the Portuguese border, and it was beautiful - the hotel was set on its own, and then we could drive down to the small fishing town, but when we drove along the coast, both west and east, we did inevitably come to strung out urbanization for tourists - all quite tasteful, but not as nice as being a bit on your own. I just wondered if this place was set amidst lots of others or, how exactly it is.

Of course, you may not actually know this place?!

Thanks again - Bassita

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
19,409 posts
271 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: flights to jerez

The drive from Malaga airport to Novo Sancti Petri is easy but it would take 3 hours. Go along the auropista from the airport and pay the 3 tolls (about 10 euros) on the way to near Los Barrios where you take the new(ish) dual carriageway A381 Jerez road. This was opened last winter and takes you through the Alcornacales natural park. Through tunnels and over viaducts. Before Medina Sidonia you take a left towards Chiclana. Have a look on the www.viamichelin.com site for the route. Have done it several times and the new A381 makes it a nice drive. There's a 'venta' place for eats or drinks just near to Alcala de los Gazules which I seem to think is called Florida. But you can't miss it. It's on the right side as you drive from Los Barrios. That's a good place for a stop.

Novo Sancti Petri is tasteful with no tall building. The beach is fantastic but you are dependent on the weather in December ! It could be really settled and warm though. Don't know the hotel but have seen it from the road and it looks great. May even try it myself. You would probably find many golfers at that hotel.

Dorset UK
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: flights to jerez

thanks very much Cadiz lover. We always go away at that time of year, so are used to the weather then, so that's not a problem - nor are golfers, as we will play a couple of times ourselves, - but it's basically to have a nice base from which to explore, and then to relax in as well.

england
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: flights to jerez

Ryanair fly every day from Stansted to Jerez, I think there are 2 flights a day, and it is direct and can be cheap depending on time of year you book.

england
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: flights to jerez

Ryanair fly every day from Stansted to Jerez, I think there are 2 flights a day, and it is direct and can be cheap depending on time of year you book.