We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Costa de la luz in June?

Vienna, Austria
Level Contributor
2,397 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Costa de la luz in June?

I have some questions:

- We are thinking of visiting the Costa le la Luz in June. How will the weather be like? Is it very windy then? Is it too windy for small children?

- Would it be better to stay in Sancti Petri or in Conil? What are these villages like?

Thanks!

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
20,488 posts
275 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Costa de la luz in June?

Of course the so called Costa de la Luz stretches all the way to the Portuguese border so takes in many nice beaches. As far as the famous Levante wind is concerned it is quite unpredictable (like most weather these days!) and it is possible that you could face a strong wind on the beach. I have been on Conil beach in June a few times and when it does blow it is not so bad as it will cool off the temperature more and the beach at Conil is very good for bathing. Conil is more of a small town these days but it does have the advantages of many places to eat or have a drink plus very nice old central parts.

Sancti Petri is a more purpose built resort with gold courses and several excellent beach hotels. But it does lack the villagey atmosphere of Conil. . Of course if you want to get away from any Levante phenomenon then you can look much further along the Costa de La Luz towards Portugal but nevertheless I think you would like Conil and there are places to visit including lovely Cadiz.

Liverpool, England
Level Contributor
469 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Costa de la luz in June?

I was in Conil last June and the weather was beautiful and very settled, however the locals did tell of how the Levante can arrive in a heartbeat!

We stayed in Vejer last year and if we returned we would more than likely base ourselves at Conil due to the facilities such as showers on the beach, sunbeds, places to eat and drink - not on offer at many local unspolit beaches. (we loved places such as El Palmar but we took chairs/umbrellas/provsions e.t.c.)

Enjoy.

3. Re: Costa de la luz in June?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 May 2012, 09:16