We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to Cadiz from Glasgow

Which Cadiz hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Glasgow
Level Contributor
120 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Getting to Cadiz from Glasgow

Hi

Can anyone advise which airlines, if any, travel to Jerez/Cadiz from Glasgow/Edinburgh?

I'd like to take a 4 day break to Cadiz (incl travel) but wonder if the journeys each way would take up too much time for such a short visit.

Any suggestions?

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
19,167 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting to Cadiz from Glasgow

Unless there is a charter flight, I don't think you can find any airline flying to Jerez from Glasgow or Edinburgh. The popular choice is to use Ryanair from Stansted. Otherwise you need to go via Madrid or Barcelona I think. if you can fly down to Stansted then take the regular Ryanair flight then this may be your best option. but I am not a travel agent so may be worth asking locally before deciding.

if you are happy with driving in Spain then you could always fly direct to Malaga then drive along the coast using the toll road as far as near Gibraltar then either continue around the coast passing Algeciras and Tarifa or drive inland towards Jerez and then turn off for Cadiz. Both journies take around 3 to 4 hours and you can see quite a lot.

herts
Level Contributor
35 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting to Cadiz from Glasgow

Hi,

There is also flights to Jerez from Manchester with Monarch Scheduled if this is any use? (Jerez - Cadiz about 35 minutes)

Apart from this, the next nearest airport from Glasgow/Edinburgh is Malaga. The drive will be around 2 and a half hours.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
120 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting to Cadiz from Glasgow

Thanks for both replies - very helpful.

B

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
19,167 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting to Cadiz from Glasgow

The budget airline CLICKAIR that is owned by important Spanish interests including IBERIA Airlines, has just announced that it will commence a service from Edinburgh to Barcelona !

This starts on 1st August. and the flight leaves at a sociable time of 10.30 !

It you are thinking of exploring Spain then Barcelona is a great point to transfer to internal flights. You can fly to Jerez also using CLICKAIR on the same day if you want.

www.clickair.com

Glasgow
Level Contributor
120 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting to Cadiz from Glasgow

Thanks for the info about CLICKAIR. That's really interesting news about Edinburgh to Barcelona & I'm going to look it up straight away. You've been really helpful CadizLover. Thanks again!

B

6. Re: Getting to Cadiz from Glasgow

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2009, 00:15