We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Choosing hotels in Jerez de la Frontera

Texas
Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Choosing hotels in Jerez de la Frontera

I am trying to choose from among three hotels in Jerez de la Frontera:

Villa Jerez

Hotel Jerez

Prestige Palmera Plaza

Which is the nicest, and does anyone have any other recommendations? Thank you.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
60,080 posts
3,606 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Choosing hotels in Jerez de la Frontera

I recently stayed at the Tryp Jerez, which has the best location downtown, and it has an underground parking lot. From the hotel you can walk everywhere and see all the sights. The hotel is one of the least expensive too.

Read my trip report in the Jerez forum.

Spain
Destination Expert
for Fes
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Choosing hotels in Jerez de la Frontera

The Prestige Palmera is definitely the best hotel with regards to location, though for my tastes it's not nearly as close and a bit over the top price wise. Casa Grande is handier for the centre of town and better value for money.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
20,238 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Choosing hotels in Jerez de la Frontera

The Hotel Jerez just across from the park where the annual horse fair is held, would be my choice becuase it is well established and could be relaxing and only a short taxi into the centre.

However, for a flavour of Jerez maybe a hotel nearer the centre of the older part is nicer and there are a few that fit the bill such as the Casa Grande as mentioned, or maybe the pricier Palacio Garvey which is a short stroll from the more business like hotel TRYP as mentioned above. Think it is basically about how much time you wish to spend in your hotel versus getting out and about. Also the time of the year is important when choosing a hotel. For example staying at the Hotel Jerez during the annual horse fair would be the ultimate stay (for horse lovers !) .

Near the Casa Grande there is a newer hotel in the BARCELO chain which is said to be very nice.

One thing against staying in Casa Grande & Barcelo at the moment is that the attractive square called Plaza de las Angustias, is being renovated and it is all closed.

4. Re: Choosing hotels in Jerez de la Frontera

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2009, 02:18