We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cadoz-Where NOT to stay?

Which Cadiz hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
187 posts
108 reviews
Save Topic
Cadoz-Where NOT to stay?

Hi,

I am hoping to rent an apartment in Cadiz, for a week next summer.

From what i have seen so far most of the advertised flats seem to be in the same sort of area, not far from the Cathedral. Basically i am looking for somewhere pretty central yet close to the beach ie less than 800m away. Can any of you good people kindly recommend a good area, and more to the point let me know where i really shouldn't be looking. I know Cadiz is a fairly sizeable city so there must be some quarters that are better avoided.

Thanks for any help.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
19,199 posts
271 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cadoz-Where NOT to stay?

There are hundreds of flats along the strip of land that forms the bulk of modern Cadiz running from the entry point at Cortadura until the old city. All along the Playa Victoria and a few streets behind you wil find apartments and all would be potentially suitable if you wanted to mainly head for the beach. The old town is reached by bus and not difficult to move from one end to the other.

I suppose the distance from Cortadura to the 'gates' to the old city is about 3.5 kms. The big question is whether you want to rent in this newer part or in the old city itself. Your choice of finding places to rent may be wider in the newer part. Of course it will also be better if you choose to rent just before the schools break up and the heat builds inland. In August rents and available are at a high premium.

Alcala de los...
Level Contributor
53 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cadoz-Where NOT to stay?

It's virtually impossible to be more than 800 yards from the beach in Cadiz! The old town (Cathedral area) is definitely the best place to be. The beach there, La Caleta, is quite small and does get crowded in summer, but you can hop on the No 1 bus down to Playa Victoria which is huge.

There isn't really a "bad" part of town, but if I were you I would stay in the old town simply because it has so much charm with its winding streets and alleys, compared to the modern blocks of flats in the new town.

3. Re: Cadoz-Where NOT to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 March 2011, 15:37