We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

If you could choose one place to visit . . .

Colonia de Sant...
Destination Expert
for Colonia de Sant Jordi
Level Contributor
3,676 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
If you could choose one place to visit . . .

What would it be in Cadiz. Wwe will be spending one day there on a cruise. Thank you.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
20,208 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: If you could choose one place to visit . . .

If I was in Madrid for one day and had one place to visit then perhaps spend the entire day in Prado.

But Cadiz is a little more difficult to suggest. The ambience of the old town and its historical buildings built by those rich merchants many having towers so they could send the watch man up to see who was sailing or arriving into the bay may be of interest. The Torre Tavira is one tower where you have a panorama. But for sure visit the central market on the way to the "other side" and see Caleta bay with its 2 forts and as you walk from the cruise ship quiz the tourist people.They will have suggested walks through the old city.

Palm Harbor, Florida
Level Contributor
934 posts
303 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: If you could choose one place to visit . . .

The great part about the old city of Cadiz is it's small size. You can walk around town and see alot. We were there for a week in July, and I miss it each day since. Love that town.

Put on your list-----The Cathedral, Tovira Tower, Caleta Beach, San Sebastian Castle (& museum there). the store area for shopping, and don't worry there are lots of great cafes. Most have great blackboard specials for food and drinks.

Tovira Tower's 360 panaoramic view is worth a million bucks!!!!! My friends didn't believe the pictures from the top. Plus they have a live camera, and the guide gives you background on the whole town. Cool.

Caleta Beach is also famous for the 007 film Die Another Day being shot there subbing for Cuba. Halle Berry's infamous bikini scene on the beach, and clinic battle filmed at San Sebastian Castle.

Check out my reviews for some good places.

Have a great time Whitehorsepeter!!!!!

It's a fabulous town.

Cheers! ------ Ken

Treasure Island...
Destination Expert
for Ronda
Level Contributor
10,903 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: If you could choose one place to visit . . .

Go see much more than one thing in Cadiz. As said, Old Town is not large, do a little shopping, have a nice lunch with a couple of drinks and people watch, that we really enjoy.

Go to the Cadiz TA Forum and look on the right side of the page, and you decide what you would like to see most. You are going to LOVE Cadiz.

Good luck and have fun. Hubie

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
60,080 posts
3,606 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: If you could choose one place to visit . . .

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187432-c92717/Cadiz:…

Colonia de Sant...
Destination Expert
for Colonia de Sant Jordi
Level Contributor
3,676 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: If you could choose one place to visit . . .

Thanks everyone for your help, much appreciated, be there next week

Palm Harbor, Florida
Level Contributor
934 posts
303 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: If you could choose one place to visit . . .

Thanks Benny for a pleasant reminder.

The Oratory doesn't look like much from the street. I thought it would be just a little church museum. I was wrong, because it turned out to be a beautiful, and thought inspiring place. The Goya paintings, and the Jesus statue downstairs were amazing.

Cheers! -------- Ken

7. Re: If you could choose one place to visit . . .

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2014, 06:22
Get answers to your questions about Cadiz