We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transport in cadiz province.

Which Cadiz hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
2 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
transport in cadiz province.

i am staying in Cadiz Province for one month May 22nd until June 20th.

What is the best BUS,TRAIN FERRY ticket to purchase??. How much will it cost?? I am "two pensioners 72/75" on holiday from South Africa.

Will/can it include other provinces such as Seviile & Malaga.

We arrive by air at Aeropuerto Malaga and will be staying at Bahia Sur Hotel.Train from Malaga and return is also our need.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
55,090 posts
3,467 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: transport in cadiz province.

sbj42:

For train travel:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187514-c80518/Madrid…

Regarding buses, it depends on what your destination is.

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
2 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: transport in cadiz province.

Thanks Bennie,

Perhaps you know how A CADIZ TRANSPORT CARD works.

I get the feeling it is only for persons travelling the same journey day in & day out. Each trip secures a discount.

IS THERE A BONUS CARD or OTHER TRAVEL CARD that caters for different journeys for FOUR CONSECUTIVE WEEKS.

During my stay i expect to make the following journeys. (NB)In the ideal world but in reality will probably not make all. these journeys are just my "fantasy budget"

TEN TRIPS (train or bus) FROM SAN FERNANDO TO CADIZ.

ONE TRIP (bus) SAM FERNANDO TO SAN LUCAR DE BARAMEDA

ONE TRIP (train or bus) SAN FERNANDO TO JEREZ

ONE TRIP (bus) SAN FERNANDO TO CHICLANA de la FRONTERA

ONE TRIP (bus) SAN FERNANDO TO ALGECIRAS

ONE TRIP (train) ALGECIRAS TO RONDA)

ONE TRIP (bus/train) RONDA to SAN FERNANDO

ONE FERRY CADIZ TO EL PUERTO De SANTA MARIA

ONE FERRY CADIZ TO ROTA

TWO TRIPS (train or bus) SAN FERNANDO TO SEVILLA (weekends up friday 14h00 back Sunday 20h00)

ONE TRIP (train) AEROPUERTO MALAGA CADIZ & RETURN begin & end

How would you advise me on this. (1) prefer public transport, rather than (2)hire a car

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
44,857 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: transport in cadiz province.

This website will be useful if you can read Spanish, which will become fairly necessary in any case.

http://www.cmtbc.es/

This is the website of the Consorcio de Transportes de la Bahía de Cádiz, the whole bus system for the province

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
18,674 posts
271 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: transport in cadiz province.

As mentioned by cubsur, the Cadiz Bay web site for all public transport is very useful and San Fernando is a popular place for reaching Cadiz and other places by bus. A new tram line was being built the last time I went a couple of years ago but sadly the project for connecting Chiclana and Cadiz via San Fernando is taking time and although much work has been done with laying tracks through the town it seems that completion is in the hands of the Gods.

The local railway line which shuttles between Jerez and Cadiz called CERCANIAS is a useful or potentially useful means of transport if only to transfer at Jerez perhaps for other routes. For example at Jerez you have regular buses to Arcos de la Frontera.

This shows the Cercanias information.

renfe.com/EN/…index.htmL

As you will be using the trains then I would suggest that at your first point of buying train tickets in Spain ask for the Tarjeta Dorada card which is a small ticket sized card printed off at the ticket desk and allows 25% to 40% reduction on train services for seniors. Even one journey from San Fernando to Seville will pay for the small cost of buying the card.

Two bus operators in Cadiz Province are most in evidence.

Firstly local company : TG COMES who are an old Cadiz based bus operator with green painted buses. It is worth looking and studying this

http://www.tgcomes.es/

and this for routes: http://www.tgcomes.es/rutas_english.htm

Another bus operator in the Province who have a web site which is quite user friendly is Los Amarillos part of Samar Group

http://samar.es/

I do not use the Cadiz transport card nor do I think it will be any good for yourself. But I will ask around to find out.

5. Re: transport in cadiz province.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 March 2015, 04:25