We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cadiz - a recommended place for a four week Spanish course?

Oslo
Level Contributor
5 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Cadiz - a recommended place for a four week Spanish course?

Hi,

I would like to take a Spanish course this summer and have pointed out Cadiz, a combination of randomly and as I wanted a smaller town close to the beach.

I will stay therefore four weeks and I am going there alone to study Spanish.

Do you have pros/cons for four weeks in Cadiz?

Thank you!

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
20,733 posts
280 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cadiz - a recommended place for a four week Spanish course?

Cadiz is busy in July and August which is fairly obvious statement but if you like the beach it is awesome. The old walled city area is lovely and you will spend plenty of time finding your way around. I assume that you already have chosen a language school ? Across the bay of Cadiz is the town of El Puerto de Santa Maria again busy in summer but has a slightly different feel and also there are beaches. Either would be good and wish you a happy and worthwhile stay in this part of Spain.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
61,211 posts
3,655 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cadiz - a recommended place for a four week Spanish course?

Heidi:

You may want to study in Malaga:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187438-c88501/Malaga…

Sanlucar de...
Level Contributor
196 posts
378 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cadiz - a recommended place for a four week Spanish course?

Hi Heidi,

A Norwegian friend of mine runs a school in Jerez, will send you her contact details by PM.

Ian

Cadiz, Spain
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cadiz - a recommended place for a four week Spanish course?

Of course!! Cádiz is the perfect place to study Spanish!

Visit: www.gadir.net, the best Spanish School in Cádiz!

Colorado
Level Contributor
97 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cadiz - a recommended place for a four week Spanish course?

My daughter is doing a 3 week college level program there thru centromundo. She went for 2 weeks last year for their high school program. Really recommend them- classes are good and they have fun activites like paella lessons, surf lessons, salsa lessons, tours, ext. They place you with a home family. Cadiz is the perfect place for a study abroad as it is not too big, but has a great Spanish culture, great beach, and the people are really nice. She went alone, and they placed her in a home with another girl her age, so that makes it easier to meet people.

Cadiz, Andalucia...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Cadiz - a recommended place for a four week Spanish course?

I would check www.spanishincadiz.com they offer complete packages of courses, accommodation and activities...

7. Re: Cadiz - a recommended place for a four week Spanish course?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 September 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Cadiz