We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Road trip on 11 November 2013 (full day)

Singapore
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Road trip on 11 November 2013 (full day)

I am currently in El Puerto de Santa Maria. I am thinking of doing a short road trip from Santa Maria to Setenil de las Bodegas and back. Brief itinerary is as follows:

Start: Santa Maria

Jerez de la Frontera

Arcos de la Frontera

Zahara

Grazalema

Setenil de las Bodegas

End: Santa Maria

Flexibility is important. The trip may not cover all of the above and may include other spots. I'm not a "Nazi" traveller and am looking for like-minded travellers who are interested in doing this road trip on a 50:50 basis. I note that this is quite last minute but if you are interested, please PM me asap. Many thanks!

Olvera, Spain
Level Contributor
3,044 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Road trip on 11 November 2013 (full day)

Apologies but I have to ask, what is a "Nazi" traveller?

I know this area quite well as I spend six weeks each year between Chiclana de la Frontera and Olvera. I have been in each of the places you list as wanting to visit. First of all, do you realise that the entire route will take you roughly 4 hours 45 minutes to drive without any stops and that in the pueblos shops and tourist attractions including tourist information offices mostly close for siesta between 1.00 pm and 5.30 pm. Bars stay open until 4.00 pm.

I like very much Zahara, Grazalema and Setenil but with the amount of time you have for walking and looking around I doubt very much you can cover all of this in the one day never mind an early winter's day when daylight hours are getting shorter.

Saludos. Lindsay

Edited: 10 November 2013, 20:28
Singapore
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Road trip on 11 November 2013 (full day)

Thanks for your tips :)

A "Nazi" traveller is a term I created to refer to someone who must accomplish every item on his / her list.

Olvera, Spain
Level Contributor
3,044 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Road trip on 11 November 2013 (full day)

Thank you for telling me.

Lindsay

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
21,139 posts
284 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Road trip on 11 November 2013 (full day)

donald

you have a blank profile and it is anybody's guess what you are planning during your day out. Do you have a car and some idea of the schedule?. I am currently enjoying some nice weather outside Arcos collecting olives which are rather sparse this year. To find anybody to share your journey at such short notice is going to be quite tricky. In fact I think you will be lucky indeed to find a companion for tomorrow. The weather for the coming days looks very fine with good maximum temperatures during the day time reaching around 23 degs.

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
12,583 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Road trip on 11 November 2013 (full day)

Donaldck - I think your choice of words is rather unfortunate, especially as tomorrow is Armistice Day remembering the lost of the two world wars including all those killed by the Nazis! Suggest you think twice before using it again in any open forum!

Olvera, Spain
Level Contributor
3,044 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Road trip on 11 November 2013 (full day)

Agreed CJB, the term made me feel a little uncomfortable but was curious enough to ask.

Lindsay

Singapore
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Road trip on 11 November 2013 (full day)

Cadiz_lover, I intend to rent a car and hence the reference to 50:50 costs. Pardon for brevity. As you rightly pointed out, I am indeed trying my luck here.

The rest, I do not intend to mean any disrespect with respect to the reference to "Nazi" traveller.

8. Re: Road trip on 11 November 2013 (full day)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 November 2014, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about El Puerto de Santa...