We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Club La Costa Resorts

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
462 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Club La Costa Resorts

Good afternoon all,

My husband and I are due to fly to Malaga in March. This was a cheap holiday that we got for attending a holiday/like timeshare presentation in the UK - as part of the deal for attending the presentation we were offered a holiday on the Costa Del Sol staying at a Club La Costa resort.

Does anyone know of any the resorts in the region of Malaga?

I dont have specific accomdation details - just that its going to be around Malaga.

I like to know in hand whats about etc before travelling and I dont get to know the specific resort accomodation until 5 days before flying!

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
12,089 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Club La Costa Resorts

You will probably end up at the resort just outside Fuengirola. I was there 2 years ago. It is really nice. You will end up having to do another sales presentation but if you opt for the breakfast one you will get a full english brekkie. They will then show you all the high priced apartments and you will love them (I did!) but they cost a fortune and unless you are willing to part with your cash - minimum of around £4,000 for a 3 year deal, or £30,000 for a long term deal then I'd make sure you sit on your hands and don't take your credit card with you. You may be lucky and get a rep like we did who knew we couldn't afford it but gave us the brekkie and the tour anyway.

The resort has lots of nice places to eat but they are a bit more expensive than off resort.

Chris

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
462 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Club La Costa Resorts

Thanks for that ceejayblue, how far is it into town, is it in walking distance?

Thanks

Lake Vinuela...
Level Contributor
9,535 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Club La Costa Resorts

Its a fair walk into town - would think 30-40 minutes with the safest route being along the beach. The road is the manic N340 - the most notorious road for accidents in Spain!

I really would recommend that you take a bus or taxi.

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
12,089 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Club La Costa Resorts

Hi you can walk along the beach into town or along the motorway (not very nice but it is do-able). A taxi would be around 9 euros each way or you could get a bus across the road from the resort (beach side) and pay approx 1euro each way.

I recommend a visit to the Zoo, its a lovely place to visit for everyone. Also from Fuengirola Port you can get a ferry to Benalmadena for around 6 euros each (I think!)way and you can sometimes go on the glass bottomed boat, not always much to see but we've seen flying fish from the boat on several occasions and if you are lucky you will see dolphins.

Chris

5. Re: Club La Costa Resorts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2009, 15:22