We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which resort

Dublin
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Topic
Which resort

Hi, We are a couple going to the costa del sol in the summer, which resort would be better price wise and area, marbella or puerto banus.

Thanks

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
12,264 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which resort

Depends on what you like to do and what your budget is and when you are going exactly. If you give us a better idea we will be able to advise you better. Are you looking for hotel or self catering?

Dublin
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Which resort

We would be looking 4 a hotel, probably August. We like 2 see some of the sights n be around the pool a bit n nice meals in the evening

Thanks

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
12,264 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which resort

If you go onto the Marbella forum and look at the top questions in the right hand column you will find lots of information and also look at the reviews pages for hotels. Although I'm sure someone will come along soon with some suggested hotels - it would be worth doing a search on the Marbella forum too.

Will you be hiring a car? If you do it would be well worth a trip up to Ronda. Puerto banus is worth a day trip but it can be quite expensive for a night out. Marbella Old Town is very nice, although the shops there close for siesta, most of the bars and restaurants are open and well worth a wander round.

I would also recommend a visit to Malaga City but would suggest getting the local bus to Fuengirola and then catching the train in from there. Its a great place to people watch and is full of great places to eat and has culture everywhere!

As we stay self catering when we go to the coast I can't personally recommend any hotels but as I said above, if you do a search you will find lots of great advice.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
59,180 posts
3,579 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which resort

rasher:

Marbella is better than staying in Puerto Banus. Prices are better and the paseo maritimo in Marbella has at least 50 restaurants that are moderate in price. The Plaza de los Naranjos is a beautiful place downtown with restaurants and shops.

Dublin
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Which resort

Thank you

6. Re: Which resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 January 2014, 06:17