We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Countdown has begun! Roll on September!

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
12,452 posts
109 reviews
Save Topic
Countdown has begun! Roll on September!

I don't have OCD but I do like a good holiday list!

Flights - booked (Easyjet)

Insurance - sorted (Explorer via Allcleartravel)

Car - Helle Hollis (thanks for code Mantalk)

Accommodation - Week 1 sorted at Villacana, Estepona

Week 2 - waiting for confirmation

Things to do:

Week 1 -

visit Selwo Aventura;

take a trip with Monte Aventura;

walk along the beach to Heaven Bar (hopefully its still there!)

Explore Estepona more

eat at Miguel's in Cancelada

Week 2 -

visit Selwo Marina;Paloma Park;cable car;

Visit parts of Ronda we;ve not seen before;

Malaga City to do the bits we missed last time

Mijas Feria

Fuengirola Bioparc;

eat at La Mandargora in El Zocco, Calahonda

see the Band Revival at Dona Lola or one of their other venues;

Maybe catch a Michael Buble tribute act somewhere

Nerja Donkey Sanctuary

Think that's enough things to do! Oh and relax..... LOL! Now its all coming together I can't wait to be back.

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
15,652 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Countdown has begun! Roll on September!

So, thats where Revival ended up, they were resident band in Elefante before the rot set in.

You are very welcome with the discount code, as is any other TA member.

Better check nearer the time where Buble is. Also try and see Ricky Lavazza. http://www.rickylavazza.net/

Did you notice a difference in price for your flights? We did our July flights are the dearest we have ever paid, stuck with particular dates though as we are gap filling our apartment.

We have booked a few days in Granada and Ronda in May before a week in Benalmadena. So something different, its good to see places over a couple of days rather than just the tourist visit.

Have you ever considered going inland to Fuente De la piedra, its the flamingo nature reserve and theres another Donkey sanctuary there too. Takes about an hour 20mins.

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
12,452 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Countdown has begun! Roll on September!

Yes, our flights were about £60 each up on the same time two years ago which I suppose isn't too bad but it would've been cheaper if my Nectar points had worked when I tried to book! Ended up booking direct with Easyjet, forgetting to go through Nectar so didn't even get the points on the spending. Complained and Nectar credited me with 355 points! Total flight for 2 of us inc seats and hold luggage was £355 which I suppose for 31 August for 2 weeks wasn't bad but it did seem high, especially as we have got 5.45am flights out and 8.30pm flights back to get cheaper flights. Did try Norwegian Air and Monarch but deals not as good.

Didn't take advantage of the HH free upgrade so that we could pay when we get there and get the early bird discount and the €10 voucher that you posted so got a really good deal. Checked DYS and they were more expensive, as were Malagacarhire.

Revival were at the MacDonald's resorts when we went 2 years ago and and we really enjoyed their music. They now do a Beatles tribute at Miraflores and they play on Andy's Beach at Cabopino on a Sunday lunchtime/afternoon. We've really enjoyed watching them at Dona Lola so look forward to seeing them again in September.

Actually one of the places we were thinking of going to this visit, which I forgot to list, ws lake Vinuela but I really like the idea of the flamingos and the other donkey sanctuary too.I'll have to add it into the mix!

We've been to Ronda a couple of times but never seemed to spend a whole day there - last time was part of a jeep safari with Monte Aventura but although we did see some things we hadn't seen before, I know there are places in the town that we've not seen yet so looking forward to that and we just love the drive up there!

Edited: 18 January 2013, 22:43
Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
13,990 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Countdown has begun! Roll on September!

Hope you have a fantastic time CJB, you deserve it :) I know it's a long way off but it will come round real quick :)

CB

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
60,592 posts
3,653 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Countdown has begun! Roll on September!

ceejay:

A recent newspaper article in Malaga says that Estepona has beautified their downtown.

Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
13,990 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Countdown has begun! Roll on September!

They may have done but don't go anywhere near the bus station if you value your safety lol - far too many undesirables hang around there doing their drug deals !!

CB

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
241 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Countdown has begun! Roll on September!

CJB it all sounds lovely and I am envious - may get to the Costa del Sol either Villacana or la Carihuela later in the year - I am just back from ~Tenerife which was lovely too.

Ian
Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
11,357 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Countdown has begun! Roll on September!

CJ:

Great to book and then start the planning, have a great time.

Booked for March 2014 a few weeks back, hopefully, May 2014 flights will be released soon by jet2 so I can book.

Mantalk:

Think you have to be flexible on flight dates to keep the price down. Booked hotel in May to return 31st, flying back on 30th saved £144 on flights.

Just checked our March 2013 and 2014 flights, both cheaper then 2012, however, used 10% sale offer to buy 2014 with Jet2.

Overall for the four return flights booked this year I am paying 5% more, this year on last, but have not used my points as saving to pay for grand childrens flights.

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
15,652 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Countdown has begun! Roll on September!

We only rent ours out for satrurday arrivals in July & August Ian, so were stuck with weekend flights, although we are flying friday and overnighting in Sol Y Miel Hostal in Arroyo, which saved us £62, Sol Y Miel £22 via www.hostelworld.com

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
12,452 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Countdown has begun! Roll on September!

That's a good idea.might try that next time. This year going on 5.45am flight out to get a full day and the 8.30pm on the way back to get best deal.

10. Re: Countdown has begun! Roll on September!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 25 June 2014, 15:05