We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blue badge in CDL

Liverpool
Level Contributor
484 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Blue badge in CDL

Does anyone have experience of using a blue badge for parking and able to offer any advice of where you can and cannot park etc. We are staying in La Cala de Mijas but will travel around the areas between Torremolinos and Marbella.

Olvera, Spain
Level Contributor
2,873 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Blue badge in CDL

Hi John

Although not the Costa del Sol, I have parked in street disabled parking bays in the Province of Cádiz when my son has been with me. I display the badge (picture side down) on the dashboard as I would normally do at home. I do not think it can be used in car parks which incur a fee for free, its only use in these circumstances is to make use of a space delineated for the use of a badge holder. One word of caution, within an urbanisation where a householder is disabled there will be signage showing that the parking space adjacent to the house is for the use of a disabled person, however, the sign will also display the registration number of the vehicle permitted to park there.

Saludos. Lindsay

Torrox Costa, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torrox
Level Contributor
6,188 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Blue badge in CDL

You can only use the Blue Badge in designated parking areas. Unlike UK where you can park on yellow lines etc you cannot do this in Spain. No Parking = No Parking FOR EVERYONE. Some public car parks have designated disabled bays but you still have to pay.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
484 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Blue badge in CDL

Thanks for the replies, appreciated.

Ian
Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
11,082 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Blue badge in CDL

You dont always have to pay in public car parks, we are never charged in the one on the Carihuela, just show my badge as we drive in. Same position on the front in Marbella. Cant remember the last time in CDS or Ibiza that I have ever paid in a car park, even if the designated parking spot is taken.

You just need to be careful some of the disabled bays on the road only operate on even or odd days of the month, you need to read the signs carefully.

When car parks are full the guys always find you a place to park, you njust need the cross the palm to grease the works.

5. Re: Blue badge in CDL

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 April 2014, 07:17