We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ryanair Duty Free

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Ryanair Duty Free

I have a cabin bag that is exactly the right size for Ryanairs cabin bag sizing. Does anyone know if I can bring back a carrier bag with duty free in as well or will they class this as an extra bag? I usually fly with Jet2 and never had any problems

uk
Level Contributor
1,886 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ryanair Duty Free

If you're flying out from leeds bradford then yes you can take a duty free bag aswell, as ryanair have a local agreement at leeds bradford. Dont know about other airports though.

Coming back is a different matter, so you need to check, because some ryanair at airports abroad might not allow it on your return journey.

Going out from leeds bradford is definitely fine.

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
12,521 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ryanair Duty Free

I think you'll find that despite it being the law in Spain, Ryanair will not allow you to bring a separate duty free bag back with you and will insist it is put into your handluggage.

A few months ago they offloaded a guy who'd spent £36 on a bottle of special whiskey and said he couldn't take it with him and didn't even allow him the time to try and fit it in his bag before they removed him from the flight and it cost him £200 to get a flight with another carrier. Same thing happened to a reporter for one of the consumer programmes at Alicante airport and she had to leave it behind.

Ian
Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
11,459 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ryanair Duty Free

It is the decision of Ryanair what the policy is, it is there aircraft they have the right to set the rules. Just returned from Ibiza, a huge sign saying that although airport has an agreement to carry a duty free bag with all airlines, Ryanair have excluded themselves from the agreement.

Know plenty of T A members fly Ryanair to malaga, sure they will give us local view.

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
15,804 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ryanair Duty Free

ryanair.com/en/news/ryanair-announces-custom…

Ryanair allowing an extra bag (1st Dec), reducing fees for reissuing boarding passes, and allowing minor booking errors to be amended (within 24hrs) free of charge. As well as getting rid of the annoying security bit on the booking page.

Also introducing "quiet" flights, dropping all except safety announcements.

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
12,521 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ryanair Duty Free

Wow! Never flown Ryanair and following a friend's bad experience never would, but they certainly seem to have listened to public opinion.

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
14,728 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ryanair Duty Free

< unveiled a programme of enhancements to its industry leading customer service >

You gotta love O'Leary's chutzpah - I suppose he'd argue they are 'industry leading' in that whenever he introduces something annoying all the others follow suit pdq...

I don't mind Ryanair though, play by their rules and they're still generally by far the cheapest on many routes.

Edited: 25 October 2013, 16:25
Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
15,804 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ryanair Duty Free

I fly out on the 5th Nov for £19.99, no taxes, from Liverpool, no luggage. The return journey has cost £58.98 in total including booking a seat.

Nairn, Scotland
Level Contributor
1,000 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ryanair Duty Free

I hope Michael remembers to tell his staff, but seriously this is really good news. I have never had a problem with Ryanair but I get stressed reading about other peoples horror stories.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ryanair Duty Free

At present Ryanair will definitely not allow you to take an extra bag on board if you fly out of Malaga.

Olvera, Spain
Level Contributor
3,028 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Ryanair Duty Free

Came home with Ryanair last Tuesday from Málaga. All duty free to be contained within your one piece of hand luggage as should ladies' handbags. Flight was full, and I mean full, not an empty seat so it is a lot of hand luggage when this is the case.

Saludos. Lindsay