We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights

Gateshead
Level Contributor
388 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Flights

Hi all, when's the best time to get really good deals on flights?.may be looking for sept

Olvera, Spain
Level Contributor
2,762 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Flights

I would do it now. I booked my flights from Glasgow to Málaga for October last December when they came out. My son will probably be joining me for part of the holiday and he is looking at flights as we speak.

Saludos. Lindsay

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
11,771 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flights

To late for this September, all the cheap flights will be gone . September is a popular month,,

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
14,092 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flights

There are plenty of cheap flights around for September - Jet2 have flights from Newcastle for around £120 return.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
484 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flights

These days it is usually advised to book early and not late as flights get fully booked and fares go up nearer the time. You may get the odd bargain through the charter flights with the likes of Thomson if they have seats available but as has been said september is very popular.

Good luck.

Ian
Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
10,811 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flights

have to agree with Lindsay, we booked our September/october flights months ago, have just booked May 2015 last week with Jet2.

Not sure where NSG got his prices from but my September Jet2 page ex newcastle is showing £46 as the base price for the last two weeks of September, but higher at the start of the month, suggest a lot higher now then when first released.

Thats the beauty of Jet2 they display prices for the month, not just a few days.

Olvera, Spain
Level Contributor
2,762 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Flights

Another thing that I generally look at and more often than not book is single flight out with one airline and return single with another. More often than not I am either Jet2 or Easyjet out and Ryanair back. I don't like an evening flight out to Málaga as I have a two hour drive from there and conversely I like an evening flight back because I don't feel harrased on departure day. I live 30 minutes from Glasgow airport and 40 minutes from both Edinburgh and Prestwick airports so arriving here at midnight is not a problem.

Saludos. Lindsay

Ian
Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
10,811 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flights

Have to say just booked our first flights with Ryanair for years, now I can book my seats, but this is malaga to Ibiza without hold luggage.

NSG: Apologies note you said £120 return, should put my reading glasses on.

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
469 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Flights

Hi

Does anyone know why Jet2 release their flights much earlier than most? The last time I looked at booking a jet2 flight it said "as you are booking more than a year in advance the flight may be subject to change" which worried me slightly?

Thanks

jo

Ian
Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
10,811 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Flights

They released there summer 2015 schedule last week a bit later then normal. You can now book until October 2015.

The reason is simple, they dont want to get into a scrap with the other low cost airlines and it is there business plan to sell at least 50% of the seats before there principle rival Ryanair issues their seats and ensure their price higher as they believe a better offer.

They acheived with Easyjet a 91% seat sale for the whole of last year, so the plan is working.

Now have a third more aircraft then Monarch and two more have joined the fleet this month, with 4 more on order, Jet2 holidays enjoyed a 100% growth in holiday maker numbers last year and is now number 3 in the u.k. package holiday market.

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
469 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Flights

Thanks Ian

Would it be a more of a worry of a considerable change of flight time (don't mean the usual ten minute or so change) releasing so early? I was under the impression one of the reasons operators did not release was down to airport planning?

A decent flight time is important to me so I was always a bit worried when the warning came up "

Jo