We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which resort?

Northwich, United...
Level Contributor
1,537 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Which resort?

My daughter and her boyfriend are looking to go on their first holiday together later in the year. Flights into Malaga are very reasonably priced so this is one destination they are considering.

Could you help with which resort would be suitable, they want somewhere busy with bars and resteraunts, but more romantic than clubby. They are not interested in somewhere like Ayia napa or magaluf.

Thanks for reading

Northwich, United...
Level Contributor
1,537 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which resort?

Anyone? My daughters boyfriend has been to Duquesa as his family have an appartment there, but neither of them drive yet, so I think thats going to be too isolated for them.

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Which resort?

I think a good place is Nerja. Very pretty and no clubs.

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
6,723 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which resort?

If they want somewhere busy with bars and restaurants then they may well enjoy La Carihuela.

Trendy Chiringuito's, lovely bars and restaurants with a Spanish feel and only a stroll away from the trendy Puerto Marina which also has many varied Restaurants and bars too - it has an Ice Bar which is fun.

If they want to go to a Water Park then there is one nearby too.

Here are a couple of links to give you an idea:

https:/…5993502479_a282b0459d_z.jpg

…cloudfront.net/rental-homes-photos-spain/18…

…tripadvisor.com/media/…sea-front.jpg

http://www.playamiguel.es/index.htm

The Chiringuito's and beach areas are nice and some very trendy like above but nowhere near the price that you would pay in places like Marbella etc.

I think it ticks all their boxes, it's certainly not a clubby area like Cyprus, Ibiza or Majorca, oh and Nerja does have clubs, it has it's own square called Tutti Frutti where there are nightlubs, discos and bars.

Finally, the transfer time can be as little as 30 minutes from the Airport to La Carihuela - Transfers to Nerja can take over an hour.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Which resort?

Some in Tutti frutti may have name of club I don't know, but all are only bars and in nice confined space.

I think these young people perhaps like Nerja and maybe Tutti frutti as well

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
14,728 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which resort?

They may be called bars in Tutti-Frutti but they are what British people would call clubs - open until 6am, Wet T-Shirt competitions, Jagerbombs on a twofer etc. normally means 'nightclub' to us (I know a 'nightclub' is different in Spain).

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Which resort?

Yes I see you say these things before.

But It is a nice place for all ages perhaps these visitors enjoy a evening there if they want

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
14,728 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which resort?

Yes, I did say it before, in similar circumstances, because this idea that Nerja doesn't have clubs is a nonsense, no matter how many times people in whatever guise repeat it.

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
27,402 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Which resort?

Another vote for La Carihuela.

9. Re: Which resort?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2017, 11:35
Northwich, United...
Level Contributor
1,537 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Which resort?

Thank you very much for the replies, sorry I only just logged back in and found them :)

La Carihuela sounds perfect for them, I will check out hotels, thanks.