We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

7-10 days in Spain-Help please

pa
Level Contributor
63 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
7-10 days in Spain-Help please

Hi there

Getting my thoughts together for a trip to Spain. Places I'd like to visit are Barcelona -2 full days and nights, Marbella-2 full days and nights (for some dedicated beach time), day trip white village, day trip Granada/Alabama,day trip morocco from tarifa, and some time in Sevilla.

Questions include- what is the best way to get from Barcelona to the south. Would concider plane, train or automobile, although would like to keep car rental/driving to a minimum. What towns should I do day trips from? Is morocco a must do since it's not likely I'll ever be back? How long do I need for Seville? Am I missing anything super important? We like local culture, architecture, landscape views, dining. Museums not so much. Would rather tour on our own instead of with group.

Thanks in advance for any input!!

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
14,858 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 7-10 days in Spain-Help please

www.vueling.com ans www.ryanair.com are budget airlines flying BCN to AGP. Be aware of luggage allowance restrictions with the budget airlines.Oneway fares are around 40 to 60€ a couple of months in advance. Also see www.renfe.com for train timetables/costs. Cheapest fares loaded around 62 days prior to date of travel.

I will leave others to discuss your itinerary, other than to say Malaga would get my vote over Marbella for 3 day stay, this gives the option to see Ronda or Seville by train. Granada accessible by bus from Malaga too. Although if the Alhambra is your main aim an organised tour could be better for you.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
57,578 posts
3,576 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 7-10 days in Spain-Help please

skibum:

The train is a very good means of transportation in Spain. There is no free parking in cities and hotels charge 15 to 25 euros a day for parking.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187514-c80518/Madrid…

You can fly Vueling from Barcelona to Malaga. Then take the bus from the airport to the Marbella Bus Station.

You need 2 days in Granada. Read Buying Alhambra Tickets Online and BOOK EARLY. A good hotel in Granada is the Vincci Albayzin.

You need 3 days in Seville. A good hotel there is the Hotel Becquer, walkable to most sights.

pa
Level Contributor
63 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 7-10 days in Spain-Help please

Thanks to you both for the advice. I did check out rates on vueling and Ryanair for both Barcelona to Malaga and Seville and the problem is luggage for both. We may consider renting a car due to flexibility, luggage considerations, and even though it is a 6 hr drive from Barcelona, by the time we we transport to and from the airport, arrive early enough and fly, the time savings may not be that much. We recently rented a car for a Portugal trip and it worked out really well. Parking fees will be an issue, but there are 3 of us to split.

What are your thoughts on morocco? Worth the time or not?

4. Re: 7-10 days in Spain-Help please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 June 2015, 06:15