We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which resort to choose!

Aberdeenshire
Level Contributor
206 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Which resort to choose!

Hi. I'm considering visiting the Costa del Sol in mid October for a week with my 10 year old daughter and possibly my friend and her 5 year old son. Although l've been to Spain many times l've never been to this area so l'm hoping for recommendations for a suitable resort for us all. We're looking for family friendly resorts with plenty to do but with a relatively short transfer time as my daughter gets very travel sick. Many thanks.

Cathie.

Mentioned in this post
Costa del Sol
Costa del Sol
Province of Malaga, Spain
Spain
Spain
Europe
La Villa Marbella
La Villa Marbella
#1 of 69 hotels in Marbella
Hotel Los Castanos
Hotel Los Castanos
#1 of 1 hotels in Cartajima
Hotel Claude Marbella
Hotel Claude Marbella
#2 of 69 hotels in Marbella
Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
14,731 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which resort to choose!

Hi Cathie,

Mid-October is a nice time of year to come down here, the weather is usually still fine yet not too hot.

I'd suggest the Benalmádena end of Torremolinos (Montemar), from there you have an easy walk one way to Benalmádena Marina and all the things there, and an easy walk the other way to La Carihuela with all the traditonal Spanish restaurants.

A wide selection of excellent chiringuitos along the beach too, so you get to have a holiday as you can have a drink whilst they play on the beach!

Transfer time ten mins in a cab from Malaga airport.

Have a look at the Sol Aloha Puerto or the neighbouring Sol Timor, they have activities for kids.

Mentioned in this post
Torremolinos
Torremolinos
Costa del Sol, Spain
La Carihuela
La Carihuela
2,973 Reviews
Torremolinos, Spain
Sol Timor by Melia - Apartamentos
Sol Timor by Melia...
1,830 Reviews
Torremolinos, Spain
2. Re: Which resort to choose!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10 August 2014, 18:09
Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
12,977 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which resort to choose!

Mygolfvalley, are they your apartments? If so its against TA guidelines to advertise or promote your own business.your post may be removed.

Scotland
Level Contributor
3,946 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which resort to choose!

The poster lives in Luxembourg, the apartment owner lives in Luxembourg. Might just be a coincidence!

Aberdeenshire
Level Contributor
206 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which resort to choose!

Many thanks NoSoyGuiri, that's a fantastic help!

Cathie.

6. Re: Which resort to choose!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2015, 06:16