We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

WHICH? Car Hire - update on their campaign!

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
12,074 posts
97 reviews
Save Topic
WHICH? Car Hire - update on their campaign!

Well, WHICH? have just published the latest on their campaign to get better car hire deals in Spain. Here's a link to it:

which.co.uk/campaigns/…

Let's hope more car hire companies take note!

scotland, uk
Level Contributor
218 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: WHICH? Car Hire - update on their campaign!

By far MALAGACAR.COM best at malaga airport. Best service, cars, reviews over past year. Would def recommend.

Forres, Scotland
Level Contributor
462 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: WHICH? Car Hire - update on their campaign!

Helle Hollis is our number 1.

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
12,074 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: WHICH? Car Hire - update on their campaign!

Mine too!

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
26,045 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: WHICH? Car Hire - update on their campaign!

Marbesol, continue to be my hirer of choice.

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
12,074 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: WHICH? Car Hire - update on their campaign!

You seem to be the lone voice on that one LK but I'm glad that you always get a good deal with them.

Ian
Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
11,070 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: WHICH? Car Hire - update on their campaign!

Just had an email from the broker I use all the time, Do You Spain, they are offering a Ford fiesta for hire this month at 5.00 euros a day or 34.02 per week, is the market so quiet that you can get this deal peak season?

UK/Benalmadena
Level Contributor
2,030 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: WHICH? Car Hire - update on their campaign!

Ian, DYS send out these emails at least a couple of times a week throughout the year. That's the bottom price with the bottom ranking car hire companies. The price is never that by the time everything is factored in and unless people are savvy, they get lumbered with the likes of Firefly, Goldcar etc.

Ian
Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
11,070 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: WHICH? Car Hire - update on their campaign!

Alin: with DYS who I always use, you can change your hire company if you dont like the first offer, without a price change.

I have acturally bought for a friend next week a Ford Fiesta at 34.02, they offered Goldcar as the hirer which we refused, now national/atesa.

The deal is full/full and no insurance from the 25th August to 1st sept.

They have send me a quote for 3 weeks in October at 74.00 euros again for a fiesta again through national.

UK/Benalmadena
Level Contributor
2,030 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: WHICH? Car Hire - update on their campaign!

You were lucky Ian. I've just put the dates in with Atesa for Fiesta full/full and it's now £76.30 (97.48€). There is also an excess of 968€ as the insurance is only CDW. Or you could pay 41.93€ extra for the full insurance. It's gone up a lot in 1/2 hour!

Ian
Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
11,070 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: WHICH? Car Hire - update on their campaign!

Alin: My Atesa quote is through DYS, not direct (just checked again still the same quote). In addition I never take the hirers insurance, I have my own policy, just get the excess taken from my CC.

Same on fuel, I dont care how much they charge me for a full tank of fuel, bringing back full I am going to get a full refund. Thats why I always go full/full. Just make sure on returning the car, they refund fuel and excess to my CC before I return the keys.

Thats the great thing about DYS there a broker you can change to which ever hire company you like, once you have a quote, I have used them for over 10 years, in addition you dont pay until you collect the car, allowing you to walk away.