We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good restaurants and beaches in Estepona?

Finland
Level Contributor
220 posts
347 reviews
Save Topic
Good restaurants and beaches in Estepona?

Hello! We'll visit Estepona for few days in early August. Since we have two small children (<5 yrs), what good restaurants you would suggest - anything that opens in the evening a bit earlier?

How about best family-oriented beaches ? We have a car so we do not mind to drive a bit but the less, the better.

Scotland
Level Contributor
1,104 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Good restaurants and beaches in Estepona?

Glad you enjoyed it and found the hotel suitable, did u manage to find any of the recommendations?

bordeaux
Level Contributor
4 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Good restaurants and beaches in Estepona?

The problem is that the Hotel Fuerte and, at the Malaga end of town, the Kempinski are administratively in Estepona, but certainly not in the town itself. You CAN walk from the Fuerte along the beach but it is a good hour to the port. Although this has lots of bars, cafés and restaurants, it is still 2 km from the town centre. Because there is no money to subsidise bus services, only one bus route is operaing, but that is a useful one along the Cadiz - Malaga road passing through Estepona town. The buses are getting old, and often crowded. The jelly-fish SEEM to have gone now (Sept 2nd)

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Fuerte Estepona
Hotel Fuerte Estepona
929 Reviews
Estepona, Spain
Malaga
Malaga
Costa del Sol, Spain
Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
34 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Good restaurants and beaches in Estepona?

Hi, the hollering bit about child friendly restaurants worry me as I am not terribly tolerant about that sort of atmosphere when I'm out for a quiet, relaxing meal. My children have long flown the nest. However there must be lots of other mid level priced places in which to have a good (quiet) meal with my partner(?). Any suggestions? Thanks

Scotland
Level Contributor
1,104 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Good restaurants and beaches in Estepona?

Good places which tend not to have too many babies would be Robbies and La Pampa. Can't think of any others, as previous poster said the Spanish all take young children out really late.

Mentioned in this post
Robbies
Robbies
383 Reviews
Estepona, Spain
La Pampa
La Pampa
360 Reviews
Estepona, Spain
England
Level Contributor
5,847 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Good restaurants and beaches in Estepona?

I popped into robbies once and asked to have a peek at the menu to check it wasn't out of my price bracket. He gave me the "if you need to check the prices, you can't afford it" look. So I never went

I'm sure it's lovely though

Scotland
Level Contributor
1,104 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Good restaurants and beaches in Estepona?

Ha! Robbies is on the expensive side but its not ridiculous. I would say there and La Pampa are about the same? From what I remember about 80 euros for 2 courses 2 people.

Mentioned in this post
Robbies
Robbies
383 Reviews
Estepona, Spain
La Pampa
La Pampa
360 Reviews
Estepona, Spain
Scotland
Level Contributor
1,104 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Good restaurants and beaches in Estepona?

And portions are huge!

18. Re: Good restaurants and beaches in Estepona?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 September 2014, 06:20