We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Estepona's New Bus Station on Avenida del Litoral

Estepona, Spain
Level Contributor
529 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Estepona's New Bus Station on Avenida del Litoral

Did you know that this New Bus Station opened officially on Monday 21st July 2014. The Temporary one in Avenida Juan Carlos I is now closed.This New Site Station is located next door to the Exhibtion and Congress Centre in Avenida del Litoral just beyond Carrefour Hypermarket going East out of Estepona .Each one of the 6 Platforms will have an LED Light stating the time and destination of the next Bus Service. The New Building houses the Ticket Office,Toilets and waiting room only. No Cafeteria yet.

Estepona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Estepona
Level Contributor
2,452 posts
560 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Estepona's New Bus Station on Avenida del Litoral

This is a good kilometre from the old one, unfortunately. Not walking distance from the town centre.

:-(

The official presentation by the Ayuntamiento says that there are two bus stops in the centre - the Avenida de Espana which is the seafront - for dropping off passengers and saving them a long walk on the local-ish services. Presumably the La Linea and Marbella buses, possibly Casares.

For dropping off?

What about for catching the buses? Do you have to take a taxi, or wait for the urban bus which is the most inaccurate timetable known to man?

And the platforms have no roof over them, so you will either get drenched or sizzle to death. You should be able to get from the ticket office to your bus in comfort.

Not impressed.

:-(

Hertfordshire
Level Contributor
707 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Estepona's New Bus Station on Avenida del Litoral

totally agree - not very good at all. So you have to get yourself there to get the airport bus as well?? Also, it was easy to get the bus on the sea front right through to Marbella....oh dear......

England
Level Contributor
4,583 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Estepona's New Bus Station on Avenida del Litoral

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187437-i993-k76…

sorry i meaant to paste it in Andalucia.com

Edited: 26 July 2014, 17:06
Estepona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Estepona
Level Contributor
2,452 posts
560 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Estepona's New Bus Station on Avenida del Litoral

I could STAMP my feet and SCREAM about the inconvenience of it!

:-)

Hertfordshire
Level Contributor
707 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Estepona's New Bus Station on Avenida del Litoral

Aaaaaaargh!!! totally agree!!!!

Estepona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Estepona
Level Contributor
2,452 posts
560 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Estepona's New Bus Station on Avenida del Litoral

Stockton
Level Contributor
31 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Estepona's New Bus Station on Avenida del Litoral

Help, we are staying close to the marina, how far is the new bus station, if we are not able to walk how can we get there? Thanks

Estepona, Spain
Level Contributor
529 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Estepona's New Bus Station on Avenida del Litoral

Here is the Estepona Urbano Website. English PDF timetable link does not work on this website. Have to use the Spanish one. This service goes right past the Marina using smaller buses than Portillo uses. It is quite far to walk to the new Bus Station which is near the Carrefour Supermarket.

autocaresricardo.com/es/bus-urbano-de-estepo…

Edited: 26 July 2014, 23:08
Hertfordshire
Level Contributor
707 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Estepona's New Bus Station on Avenida del Litoral

. You can get a translation of the timetable if your server gives you a "want to translate this page" option. Whichever way you look at it, they have done Estepona a disservice with this move.The Estepona Urbano buses are nowhere near as reliable and having to take 2 buses or a long walk is off putting to some especially in the heat.

Estepona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Estepona
Level Contributor
2,452 posts
560 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Estepona's New Bus Station on Avenida del Litoral

Unreliable is not the word for the Urbano services!

When they first started with the new buses, I saw one coming and popped on it - Linea 1 the circular one - to check out the route. We got to the end of the line in the West, and it paused for 30 seconds, then immediately started. It was 17.15. The timetable on display said that buses left there at 17.00 and 17.30, so I was curious.

I am a Spanish speaker, and I asked the driver (I was sitting at the front) "Is this the 17.00 bus or the 17.30 bus?"

He replied: "This, my love, is the bus that I am driving".

Says it all, really!

From the marina, take a taxi to the bus station. There's a taxi rank on the main road near the roundabout with the blue clock, behind OpenCor (or SuperCor as I think it has re-branded itself).

Flipping annoying.